S-video does not work

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by MrKaraokeSteve, Dec 17, 2007.

1. MrKaraokeSteve

MrKaraokeSteve Geek Trainee

Hey guys

first i would like to thank you in advance..

I have a brand new HP Laptop -- DV6326us with intel graphics card, with windows xp pro sp2.

when I put in a s-video cable, and power cycle laptop, it does not detect the tv, no matter if I press FN+F4.

hp says I need to mail it in for repair, but its freeking brand new just got it 30 days ago!! GRR

tried new cables, tried differnt tvs. it oringally had vista, I installed xp same thing.. grr

any help would be helpful

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

I agree that sending a new laptop to repairs/changing should be the last resort. So, what about the video properties? maybe there's some sort of way to force the tv detection - like GeForce cards have?

3. MrKaraokeSteve

It does not have it there.

its an intel graphics card.

attached you will see my video settings.

man this is driving me crazy.

thanks

Attached Files:

4. edijs

edijs Programmer

and what about the dropdown box in the Settings tab. maybe you need to adjust the resolution a bit more. and did you have any special laptop software coming along (Like Acers Empowering technology) from which you can control things? Sometimes this software takes over the system and only from it you can change things. Usually there's a seperate place for Presentation settings or smthng. and does the manual say anything about s-video?

5. MrKaraokeSteve

Nope no special software installed.

wish I could figure this out!