Sony Walkman Phones

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by megamaced, May 10, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Anyone know if the Walkman range of phones (w800i, w810i) work under Linux?

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I didnt get you properly:confused: You mean operating system in walkman or softwares for these walkman?

Anyways, mobiles got Symbian OS (I know thats not your question :hehe~!:)

I looked on their website and found that [link=http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10333&fid=21972&esi=true]sony PC Suite[/link] does not support Linux OS. Its USB drivers also support win2000 and XP........not the linux

I hope it solves ur problem~1

Edit: So, according to the information I have found, it doesnt work under Linux. I know there must be some patches somewhere around on the net which will make it working under Linux.........I will search and will post here if I found one~1

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Not to ther best of my knowledge Mega

4. megamaced

Well I took the gamble and bought the w800i Walkman phone. Luckily both my Kubuntu and Ubuntu machines detected it and mounted it properly! :good:

So that's another one for Linux, and another :swear: off to Windows :D

There is some Windows only software on the CD like Disc2Phone which I can't use. But I tried it out on a friend's Windows PC and it's shit. Plus I had to register so I refused completely and just left it.

And what about the phone? It's really, really good. The sound quality is much better then I was expecting. Infact, the sound quality is awesome.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Glad it worked out for ya megamaced :good:

I was going to buy a walkman phone, then I bought a PDA, fitted it with a 1GB miniSD card and said goodbye to my iPod (I got sick of carrying multiple things around, I don't need loads of songs all at once)

My friend has one of those phones though, it's nice :good:

6. megamaced

Yeah I prefer to have a device that does it all, as it consumes less real estate in my pockets :)

This is the first Sony product I have bought in a while. They haven't really inspired me over the last few years (with the exception of the Playstation). And their once dominant Walkman branding has fallen by the way side. But I think they've finally got it right with the Walkman phones. Nice blend of style, functionality and quality :)

7. Karanislove

which one you are having mega? 800i or 810i?

I always loved sony. If you look at their music systems, they are mind blowing. So big, 8600W one is realy awsome and I belive this is not a PMPO because they are very expensive as well.

8. megamaced

I wanted to get the w810i but it's only available on contract. So I had to settle for the w800i instead.

I need to buy a bigger memory card for this phone because 512MB is just not enough. I need at least 2GB!

9. Karanislove

Human beings never satisfies....thats how this world is growing...lol

Remember to download its latest firmware, it increases up the voice of its internal speakers.