SOS! Windows could not detect a properly installed network adapter

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alexander606, Jul 29, 2013.

1. alexander606

alexander606 Geek Trainee

Hello everyone,

After 6 hours of reading/testing I can't do anything else and I am really tired, so you guys are my last hope. Here is the problem:

I had a lot of hardware in my stock so I decided to make some desktops today. I built them normally without any problem, the only thing was that in 1 desktop I had to use DDR2 ram instead of DDR, so I borrowed one ram card (2GB) from my main PC in order to make the desktop run.

While I was making a format to my desktops, I tried to log in from my main PC. Then I face out the problem: I couldn't connect to internet!
    - It says: "no connections available"
    - After troubleshoot: "Windows could not detect a properly installed network adapter"
    - When I installed the latest drivers: "The realtek network controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug The Cable"
    - In device manager there are no "Network Adapters" anymore, only in hidden, and I can't update/reinstall them.

I tried the following I read around:
    - Unplug everything from PC and wait around 10 minutes, then plug them back.
    - Safe mod uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them. Same error.
    - Bring back my RAM and run. Same error.
    - Restore default BIOS settings. Same error.

- Cleared CMOS.
    - Add a network card (not sure that it's working, it's an old one). Same error.

My OP: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    My motherboard: ASUS P5Q-EM

Please note that the other desktops are running perfectly. I am asking for help since I can't do anything else, and I feel helpless. The only thing left is to format my PC but I am not sure that this will solve the problem and it's my last solution.

Waiting for your replies..
    Thanks!

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

The Ram for that Motherboard is DDR2 or PC2-5300 .. What are you trying to use ? Is it showing the right Network driver under Device Manager ?
    Maybe the Onboard Network is burned out, try a PCI network card and test.

3. alexander606

The RAM is DDR2.
    It is not showing the netword driver in Device Manager, even I re-installed them or uninstall them (drivers). Network Adapters is not shown in Device Manager in any case.
    My LAN has 2 leds. One left for internet connection speed and one right for internet connection activity. The left is OK, the right is not, so I guess that Onboard Network is not burned out. If it was burned out it would have no leds at all.

Thanks for reply!

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Have you gone into the bio's and checked to see if it is unabled or disabled ? Is this a New Motherboard or Used ? Like I said, Try a PCI network card to see what happens, You have nothing to lose..

5. alexander606

It is enabled on BIOS and I used to check it everytime I tested a different method.
    This motherboard is old (about 5 years) but it has nothing to do with my problem. The motherboard is working excellent.
    About a network card, I have to buy a new one I guess, so I will let you know once I have it

Thanks