Sound and audio Ghosted

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by epson, Mar 6, 2005.

1. epson

epson Geek Trainee

Sound and audio Ghosted that mean that nothing work in there .no sound volume and body got any ideas.
    i have put in a new sound card it detected new hardware and updated drivers.its says it working and there is no conflict in device manager.i using XP Home :confused:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Make sure that your onboard sound is disabled first. If it's in BIOS it should be under 'Integrated Peripherals". If it's a jumper, check the manual---well, check that anyway. ;)

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Creative only has updates to their drivers for download, but I could be wrong. The way it was when I had an Audigy was that you needed to install the drivers off the CD and if you wanted updates, you downloaded them from the Creative site.

3. epson

epson Geek Trainee

have checked bios onboard sound is disabled.have tried different slots and re installed .soundcard updates down loaded, still no sound but the big question is why in sound and audio is it all greyed out so i can not change any thing in there.the only thing i can think of is to re install XP which i do not want to??? :swt: