Text on Speakers

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Cyberbabe, May 18, 2007.

1. Cyberbabe

Cyberbabe Love been a Girl

This is something that has puzzled me for some time, when I'm at my PCs i keep my mobile phone near by and when i start to receive a text to my mobile i get the sound (dit de dit dit de dit) comeing through my sound system of whichever PC i have running ? (my PCs are connected via Ethernet, not wireless) so how come i receive this noise when a text i coming ? :confused:

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Speakers are built up of magnets. Mobile phones send and receive electromagnetic waves. So this may interfere with the speakers. So this way the speakers make a funny sound sometimes. I got the same issue.

3. Cyberbabe

Hi Roy :)

Than you for explaining that (it also makes my sub woofer buzz LoL and my cats don't like it) should i not have my phone as close to my systems or will this interference not hurt ? "sorry more questions" :)

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I don't know if it would damage the speakers, but I would suggest to keep the phone away from the speakers or turn them off if you don't need them.

5. Cyberbabe

OK Roy :) and thank you again for your good advice hun, X

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, this does not damage the speakers or phone at all, sometimes if there are people in the street outside the house there phones can make those noises on my speakers, nothing to worry about :)

7. Cyberbabe

Oh right, i have a station for my phone "USB" that charges it and ive been thinking how can i do the charge and not have it close to xan ? so i can leave it as is. :D