Transfering Disk Image to Raid Array?

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by srkitch, Feb 12, 2006.

1. srkitch

srkitch Geek Trainee

I was wondering ifanybody has had experience doing the following: i want to install my windows and drivers on a disk now (either EIDE or SATA, probably SATA) and then making a disk image with TrueImage or something so that later i can restore that image to a RAID0 array. this array may or may not contain the SATA disk that will be used to make the image from. Will this work. i haven't really used the imaging sofware that much, but i figured that you don't have to have the disk the image came from still in tact to complete the transfer of the image (my plan is to put the image on a DVD-R or usb HDD). what would be the point of that, if the drive physically failed you'd still be screwed and the whole point of the disk imaging software is to save yor ass when that happens. So, anyway, does this work??

2. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

It should work, unless Windows' gay piracy protection kicks in and says there has been a significant hardware change and you need to re-activate. But I have had to do that and it usually isn't too bad.