Trouble with my phpbb forum

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by RHochstenbach, Jan 22, 2007.

1. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I'm having a serious problem with my phbb forum (http://computing.s4.bizhat.com). I want to turn off the visual confirmation when registering, because my current skin doesn't support it. But even if I turn the visual confirmation off in the configuration screen, it still asks mee to enter the code (which isn't visible). If I switch to the default skin, it also asks me to enter the code, even if I turned it off.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

RHochstenbach; I think it would be best to ask over at phpbb forums, unless someone here has more experience with it?

3. RHochstenbach

Ok that's a great idea. I will do that.

4. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

why would you like to turn off the visual confirmation? Its not advisable to turn off the visual confirmation with phpbb. If you turn that off, a lot of bb spam bots will just attack your board and spam it.

5. RHochstenbach

I know that. But some of the skins I use on the forum don't support the confirmation. But I've deleted all skins that don't support the visual confirmation. So from now on I'm using skins that do support it.