Why are Women so Confusing???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pimp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Hello to you all, i have been on this forum for a while and feel comftable talking to you chums about my women problems lol.

I have fancied this girl at Uni for ages, yesterday me and here went down the park for lunch, we chatted and i flirted with her she flirted back i thought wow she might just fancy me :) she said she liked me. Anyways after that i knew both our lessons finished on the same time so i texted her saying if she wanted to go back home with me, she said yeah and we made our way back to our homes on the train talking and chatting, the train was kinda full so we didn't really flirt. I walked her to the door i told her straight out that i have fancied her for ages and she said kinda said the same and we kissed. I was like wohoo, didn't go inside for a cup of coffee wink wink nudge nudge lol because her mum was in the house. So next day (today) i thought all is fine and i sent her a text saying i really enjoyed yesterday and if she wanted to go out this weekend to go to cinema (i thought i could try the old skool moves on her lol). the reply i got was utter confusion (exact words):

Hi Ali (me lol). i had a great time getting to know you. its nice to know weve got something in common. just to make it clear im not looking for a relationship, just good mates. i look forward to seeing you on wednesday.

WTF is that all about im totally confused she wants to go cinema with me like a date but she wants to be friends???? and wtf was that kiss for?????

i feel like an idiot and dunno what is going on i gave her a text back trying to understand what is going on but she still hasn't replied back :stars:

will someone give me some advice because i really like this girl and don't wanna ruin the chance.

2. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

The answer is in the title.

Because they are women.

3. Pimp

Yes lol . But why so suddenly change?? I'm trying to think what i did so wrong

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Erm!! maybe being to up front and honest that you'd liked her for ages wasn't a smooth move.
    Basically you rushed into it to much and she has backed off. Maybe take things slower. Just chill out with her and be the friend she wants you to be. Then as she becomes more comfortable with you then things maybe will work out.

Either that or she enjoy's the flirting with the ocassional kiss but doesn't want to commit (also known as a c*** tease)
    As with anything in life, nothing is ever certain, and you may just be barking up the wrong tree.

For me the thrill is in the chase, if a girl throws herself at me and declares her undying love for me then i'll just use her until something else comes along.
    Playing hard to get does have it's rewards.

5. Pimp

lol

but she was flirting/kissed back so i didn't think it was full on or too soon. but hay I'm young and stupid

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

they think it's fun to play stupid mind games, that's why personally (i'm disabled, by a car crash over 10 years ago) dont want to even start getting involved with anyone & i'm too paranoid too, but you would be too, if you'd experienced the crap i've had to go through & put up with

7. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Women really ARE confusing sometimes. But just like yorkkev28 said; it's not wise to explain your feelings to her that quick. Should've taken her out to somewhere to get to know each other some more.

8. Pimp

Well I'm sorry to hear about that and i respect you a lot for telling us this. But i guess the only thing to do is too keep searching for that special someone even though you will meet people who treat you badly. But i don't know what kind of mind set i would be if i was in that kind of situation, i guess insecure.

9. RHochstenbach

I know how it is. I had exactly same problem about a month ago.

Anyway you'll find 'the one' in the future, I think. I'm personally to shy to ask a girl out.

10. Pimp

Maybe your right i got too excited (not in a dirty way lol) and spoke to soon about my feelings probably scared her away. But i thought women like men who are open about their feelings and not that kind of man who has a thick wall that no feeling can affect him because he is a MAN and men don't have feelings.

11. Pimp

I'm not shy at all the way i see it is i have nothing to loose if i ask a girl out and she not interested then she ain't no worries plenty more fish in the sea (god i hate that saying) If you don't ask then you will never know.

12. RHochstenbach

Everone is different. Some women are open about anything, others are shy, but there are also women that are hard (just like men) and who can even punch like a man :)

13. Addis

Addis The King

Like my mother always used to say, you get what you pay for. Wait...maybe that wasn't quite it...

14. Pimp

Women who can punch like men, they are called man beast and they probably got a shaft down there lol :chk:

15. Tech

Tech Padawan

Asking for relationship advice on a tech / geek forum. Thats like asking a vegetarian how to cook steak!!

At your age you shouldn't be looking for that special one, you've got years to get desperate enough to settle for some less than perfect girl that you'll hate a few years after marrying. Just ask all of them out!!! Even the ugly ones, they'll be the most grateful ;)

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Learn one thing: don't take s**t from anyone. I used to, then a girl over summer just dumped all her emotional crap on me and went off with one of my mates... after we'd been hanging out lots and really getting to know each other.

That was the last straw for me, I decided then and there to just be more confident and not take bull from anyone.

You know what? People respect me more now than they ever did.

It gets you far.

Oh and don't try and rush things, I think the friendly, giggly flirty stage is fun. Just coming straight out and saying "I fancy you" is a good way of letter her know you have feelings and want more than to just have some fun - sometimes people want to have fun before getting serious.

Again, what do I know though right? I'm just young and naive - oh joy.

That actually made me lol.

17. Pimp

Typical.....

so your telling me that a geek looks like this ---------> acne, big teeth, braces and double glazing attached to his eyes and has no hope in hell of attracting a tree let alone a women. I doubt this kinda image of a geek exist in this world. to all of the geeks, any of you look like that?? :chk:

18. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i'll agree with pretty much everyone, that said, how old is she?? if she's 21, then i can just see her wanting to have fun, and everything she has been doing is just for a good time and you seem to be able to provide that. Granted, i don't know her so its hard to say, but the other side of that could be that she actually does like you, its just she doesn't want to get herself into the position to be hurt. I'm actually in the same spot as you are rate now, met this girl, was around her for all of a night, and we talked and she said she's not really sure if she wants to be in a relationship. I've done that to though, i was doing it just to keep some sort of distance so things would progress slowly, or because i was really unsure of what i wanted or was getting into, i'm sure its the same for her. Just take it really slow, and after you've been around her a for a week or so talk to her again about what she wants and what she's thinking and all that. If nothing is changed, then she is just a crazy girl, and i would leave it at that, don't pursue something that there isn't any point pursuing.

19. Tech

Tech Padawan

Well maybe thats a fair point because I got rid of my acne two years ago :D My avatar's a photograph ! lol

20. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, i'd like to think HWF is the exceptoin to the rule, on that, look up anti-trends photos, he's far from the typical geek, i have a few photos on here as well, and on that, most of us do, i can say we aren't typical. Also, this isn't the first instance of this type of thread ether. Just type Love in the search in general chat, a fair amount of threads come up.