Would it work?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rusty S, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

I had an idea today... I saw the videos about how people made plasma by putting candles in the microwaves. Pretty damn cool. Plasma is made by passing electricy through a gas, or something like that, right? Im not a physicist or anything. So I was just wondering, is it possible to make an actual plasma gun?

...My idea was that if you took, lets say a taser, and lit a candle in it's electric field, would it have the same effect as microwave plasma? Again, I am not a physicist or anything like that, and have a fealing that it would not work... but if it did, it would be sweet. I 'gotta know. :x:

2. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

why don't you try it?

3. zeus

zeus out of date

Plasma is ionised gas. You need lots of power... probably more than a welder.

If you want to make someything good but dangerous make a tesler coil or summit.

4. Addis

Addis The King

Yep, plasma is known as the fourth state of matter, in which the electrons are literally ripped from the atom. Tasers are the weapons which shoot out 2 conducting rods at the target.

I really don't know how much damage exactly the ionised gas would do (apart from the extremely high temperatures).

5. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I am gradually building new found respect for Ethiopia.
    Go Rusty! :eek:

6. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

Cool, so their is a chance it might work... now I have to get my hands on a taser... Apperently you can make one out of a disposable camera :eek: