1 reason not to buy Vista

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Swansen, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i'd have though the main reason not to buy vista was the price and that :swear:ing actvation thing

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hmmm, i have tried this before, and it destroyed my os installation, i wanted to get rid of it because i hated the skin, i uninstalled it, restarted my comp, and nothing loaded, although that vista theme for it looks preety damn cool, does it have search in startbar and stuff, i just seen it in themes on there website.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I got WindowBlinds instead. It's cheaper ($19.95), easy to use, and doesn't add really anything to my XP install.

5. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Yeah, I used to use WindowBlinds. Granted, I only had the free-trial version, but even so, it's a decent program. But then I got TuneUp Utilities 2006. Not only is it great for cleaning up and optimizing your computer, but it comes with TuneUp Styler, which is used to change one's boot screen, visual style, icons, etc. Great program.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

7. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Looks great! Is it a resource-hog, though? Some themes that I've used look great, but noticably slow down system speeds, especially on older systems like my laptop. I've turned off all of XP's "pretty" settings, and though mine looks kinda retro, it runs much better now.

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Well when you consider that Vista left just 384MB of RAM free out of 2GB when I was using Opera and Windows Live Messenger this is very good, I'm using ~25% of my RAM when using Opera and Windows Live Messenger (plus in XP I have many widgets running in the background ready to pop up at the press of a button, so XP has more apps running and even with that theme was using about ~26% of my RAM, I was rather impressed :)

9. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

Yup looks good, but im a big fan of the classic style :D

10. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

YES, anways thats the point Vista, from what i've seen and read, is a rehashed "pretty" version of XP.

11. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

A fan of windows Classic style :eek:, LOL, it may be clean, but it surrreee is dull :)

12. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Okay how can that aston thing possibly make windows work faster, as they claim?? Its very first reason listed for why to switch says that (bottom of page linked by swansen). How? Is that believable? It has so much fancy looking crap...