3 Most Important Things You Look For When Buying A Car?

Discussion in 'Cars' started by pelvis_3, Sep 22, 2005.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Safety features (Why?)
    Reliability (Why?)
    Fuel economy (Why?)
    Horsepower (Why?)
    Styling (Why?)
    Comfort (Why?)
    Price (Why?)
    Handling (Why?)
    Environmental impact (Why?)
    Other (What is it?)

Mine >
    Safety features- Well if i'm drunk and get into an accident i don't want to die, although if that happens i deserve to :)
    Reliability- I think this is most peoples choice, who wants to have a car that does'nt get you to work on time because it broke down?
    And lastly Comfort- If it aint comfortable and does'nt have enough leg room i don't want it!!

Fuel economy means nothing to me as i don't drive much anyway.
    Horsepower means nothing also, so long as it gets me from A-B!
    Styling- Well that plays a small part.
    Price- Also important, but is just like computer components, if you skimp your not getting what you paid for!
    Handling- Who cares really? As long as it turns corners and does'nt steer me off a cliff!
    Environmental impact- Not too worried about the environment anyway!
    Other- Thats about it for me!

post your thoughts
    EDIT: Sorry Admins, just realised this should probably be in the Cars forum!
    If so Please move it.
    Thanks

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

Top 3 things...(not in any particular order)
    Fuel Economy - because not only am I poor, but the more I save, the more I can spend on my new computer , and geeky shirts .
    Reliability- because breaking down sucks. I think this is a pretty universal thought on the subject.
    Price - mostly because I'm a cheap bastard in college.

Runners up-
    Safety features - because dying in a car crash sucks a lot more than getting a bloody nose and bruised chest or something
    Comfort - It's hot where I live, and the comfort I'm talking about is mostly having A/C

3. randomman113

randomman113 Geek Trainee

yeah, Fred i agree with your list also, im broke haha! thats why i need to sell this comp haha

4. Crusha19

Crusha19 Aspiring Poker Player

My top three would have to be :

1. Power- Its gotta go fast

2. Looks- If it looks like a piece of **** It deserved to be in a junk yard

3. Price- I always need some money left to upgrade parts and i also need money for fuel

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Reliability--It would be my first car of my own, and not knowing much about automotive related topics I wouldn't want to mess around with any breakdowns and pay more money.
    Price--I'm 16 how much money could I afford to blow?
    Handling--it's not vital but I'd like the feel of sportier car that's fun to drive, not some sluggish van that will smash into pedestrians because the turning radius is so bad.