7800 is *** compared to this

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by max12590, Jul 10, 2005.

1. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

STRIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(jumps behind my documents icon for cover)

FIREFOX GO!

(firefox icon comes to life and kicks the strider's but in an anime like way)

2. Addis

Addis The King

<sepia tone>
    *Thinks back to good old days of BEDO RAM and command line word processing.*
    </sepia tone>

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

wow haven't heard of that in even longer haha

4. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Wow, I emailed 3DLabs about the clock speeds and number of pixel pipelins on this card. Here is the response I got (I think this is great)-
    What is so confidential about this information? What are they hiding? A 200 MHz clock speed with 2 pipelines? Hahaha

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha! That would be ironic, you'd think they'd be pround to disclose that sort of info though? Maybe they don't know, lol? The parallel chip architecture sounds cool though, almost like dual core.

6. Addis

Addis The King

It is dual core/2 GPUs.

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

blimey, that'll be awesome, maybe they're gona come out with the exactly the same pipelines and clock speeds as current graphics cards and try to shadow that with the whole dual GPU thing, they might want people to be in wonder over what it could be and then they'll surprise everyone, in a way never done before...
    "and here we have the new Wildcat Realizm 800, exactly the same clock speeds and pipelines as before, but forget that, it has dual GPU processing, just worry about that. Forget the other stuff....thats right drool over the dual GPU's" (italic part said in a hypnotic relaxing voice to brainwash you)

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh yeah, that's right, I was thinking GPU so when it read VPU I wasn't thinking in ATI terms and glazed over it. It's almost try core but the third is only for control purposes apparently.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah, 2 processors for graphics and a third to control the other 2 controllers, hmm controlling controllers... :eek:hah:

10. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Wow, now we need to put that card with three FX-57's. Then we'll be talking :good:

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

lol yeah, jus get on to a motherboard manufacturer and get them working on it...