7800GTX Go will make quite the notebook.

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Exfoliate, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

For gaming obviously, if you're into battery life you'll probably need 2 12cells to watch a DVD but you never know.

"It's called Geforce Go 7800 GTX and should be available in the next few days. It has twice the Shader performance of the ten months old Geforce Go 6800 Ultra, its 1.6 times faster in geometry and it has 302 million transistors compared to 202 million in the Geforce Go 6800 Ultra.

It uses the same package and it has a 256 bit memory interface. It's clocked at 400MHz core and 1100MHz memory but will end up faster than Go 6800 Ultra as it has more pipelines.

You can expect 14704 points in 3Dmark 03 compared with the 7697 that you will get from Geforce Go 6800. When it comes to 3Dmark 05, Geforce Go 7800 GTX can score 6642 points compared with 3425 that you can get from Go 6800. It’s a huge performance step. "
    From the Inquirer

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

yay. laptops are so good at gaming.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

One of my friends at school is convinced that this is the be all end all gaming notebook coming up with one of these puppies in it. After I told his it would probably die after 30mins he told be he'll just use his AC adaptor in the car...guess he showed me.
    So is there like a 20% hit in performance when compairing laptops to similarly configured desktops?

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

its an awesome idea but i personally dont want my laptop melting on my lap when i'm watching a dvd or playing a game...surely the battery would just sizzle with all that power being drawn from it.

5. Addis

Addis The King

My X700 has decent performance considering the fact that the desktop versoins aren't as fast as the 6600s but it does get hot when in use. But this card would only be good as a desktop replacement card to me.