A Computer Fan question

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Christine, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Christine

Christine Geek Trainee

Hi,

This past week we ordered a *new fan* JMC 0925-H12BTHA. We put it in and its what I am hearing now. Is it normal for a fan to sound as if its speeding up for a bit then slowing down? The computer isnt blocked by any wall, we dusted it out where the new fan goes before putting it in. Is the speeding up and slowing down sounds normal? Will it always be that way? Is it necessary to turn off th computer once in a while? I usually leave it on all the time.

Thank you in advance for answering.

Chris

2. zeus

zeus out of date

It might be normal if it is plugged into your cpu fan connector on your motherboard to be honest I wouldnt expect it to be as noticeable as it seems to be.

From what I gather from google its a fan which plugs into your motherbaord. Is this how you connected your fan or did you get an adapter so you could use a big molex connector?
    If you plugged it into your motherboard then you will probably be able to find out how fast the fan is spinning.

Try downloading pcwizard CPUID
    Somewhere in this program will be a feature telling you the speed your fans are spinning. If the readings are constant then you might have a fan which is a bit wobbly. If this is the case try holding the fan in different positions whilst it is spinning.

If the speed is fluctuating then try plugging it into a fan power source for one of your other fans and see what it does then. Just make sure you have your cpu fan spinning!