AdGif 2.12

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Egaladeist, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

I looped 20 pictures in AdGif ...and stretched them out to 850 long by 100 high...thinking to put them at the top of my website pages...like a banner...can I do this on Microsoft Front Page? :confused:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

A gif wouldn't be a practical way of doing it due to the massive file size - GIFs just repeat a string of images in a specific order, meaning that there are, in your case, 20 different images being loaded up. This would take up huge loading times.

Flash is much more practical, if you can get a copy.

but you should be able to just "Insert Image" as normal.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Flash is very easy and has a lot of stuff for .GIF like motion tweens and such. Very easy to work with on the timeline as well

4. Egaladeist

Thanks guys!!! I opted to go a different way...to buy...rather than create...as I don't have the experience yet that I need to do it right! But I am learning!!!

And I just want to say...because it doesn't get said enough...that in the almost two mths I've been here I am very impressed( and i'm not easily impressed ) by the staff and contributing members...you guys are so young and yet so smart and well-together that sometimes I forget how young you really are...you should be proud of yourselves...you're doing a great job...both here in this Forum and personally as well!!!!!! :good:

5. ninja fetus

/me bows

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

well with your consant number of posts, you would think your one of us ;)

7. Addis

Addis The King

Yea well being this god damn sexy is hard work. With legs and all.......
    Erm back on topic flash makes tiny file sizes because its a vector based animation type so you can make text as large as you want and they don't become pixelated. And they look much better but theres the whole cost and ease of use thing...

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

or do what I did and just d/l a copy off of the site onto a real small partition, when the triail is used just format the disk, and it's good to use!

9. Egaladeist

Thanks guys! :good:

10. Egaladeist

nah...you guys are the computer geniuses...i'm more the house mascot...the guy that provides a distraction and comedy relief between innings!
    :good: :D :p

11. ninja fetus

or you can delete all the registry files for it and then you can reinstall the trial. That's what I did for a long time

12. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

that's good so long as you don't touch any important registry stuff, which I've done before..