Advertisement

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Egaladeist, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Hi Sniper,

Even though I don't post much anymore ( I would but I'm busy building my own site and I'm still having problems with the way this forum scrolls...jumpiness, and it's annoying ) but I still pop in quite regularly...

and I have to say that banner ad that jumps around at the top right-hand corner is very distracting and annoying as well...there are many affliate networks with much better ads that might prove useful and be less annoying.

you might try something from clickbank...

http://marketplace.clickbank.net/marketplace/search.html?method=Search&p=3
    ClickBank Marketplace

I don't know where you got that particular ad or how much revenue it creates for you...but you might find something better at the link above.

Eg ;)

If not...at least it's an alternative.

EDIT: OK...it's an alternating ad...the one that was there when I came on looked like it was having a spaz attack. :D

2. Addis

Addis The King

I'd get NoScript for Firefox. Try it, I have hardwareforums allowed but the ad scripting blocked (burstnet or chitika).

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks for the feedback.

Any chance you can post a screenshot of, this jumping advert? (thats if its possible).

I do like the NoScript extension, however you need to consider this;

If you do block these ads (which might interest you, they might not), you are potentially blocking the only source of revenue for the site.

The only ads I ever block are pop ups.

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I dont block ads but i never click on them either..my ad at the top is currently skt that quite jumpy

5. Addis

Addis The King

Sniper, I don't block google analytics, they're unintrusive and so I don't mind them. And I have been interested in them on occasion. However the noscript blocks the banner ad which used to go at the top which now seems to be gone.

6. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Hi Sniper/Addis/everyone,

I don't remember what the ad was advertising but the ad itself was one of those windows banner look-alike ads...the type you can get at any free banner site under popular windows banners and then add your own text and logo...

only this particular one looked like it was having a seisure :D ...normally they're animated but relatively stay in place...this one was moving in and out of place like 50000 volts was coursing through it's body...

the only thing I remember about the ad itself was that it had an hour-glass that was animated and moving at the same speed...

whoever created the banner must have set the animation at the highest speed possible for it to be jerking around like that.

Eg ;)

7. Addis

Addis The King

I know which one you mean Eg, I hate that type of ad. I'll click on a few google ads if they're relevant but can't stand those.

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I've noticed that those Google ads sometimes jump about under Opera 7. They would follow me like a ghost as I scrolled down the page :eek:hah: . I haven't noticed this under Opera 8 though.

Those Google ads are quite sneaky! Ever since I started promoting M-Audio sound cards on this website, that's all I ever see in the Google ads. "Cheap M-Audio sound cards", "Buy M-Audio at a discount"!