Albatron Ti4800SE Medusa Review

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Albatron might not be a familar name to most, but that's because they've only really been on the scene for a couple of years at most. The gang at Tweak Town takes their GeForce 4 Ti4800SE (Ti4600 w AGP 8x) for a spin.

I just like the blue PCB and spiffy cooler that adorns the card. (I like blue---so sue me.)
    Anyway, as usual, here's the link.

2. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

Bleh, if you want a really nice card for a really cheap price, take a look at this!

Spiffy heatsink, nice color, and AWSOME preformance.

http://cluboc.net/reviews/video/bfg_ti4200/index.htm

Now Thats a nice review, and a good price.

ALSO, that card well, isnt worth it. Just go for ATI MAN! ATI ATI ATI ATI!!!

Nice card though, bout time AGP8X, even though we dont even take full advantage of it.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. I certainly agree with ya there ;)

4. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

I plan to upgrade this summer to a ATI radeon 9800, save some cash, get that, and rock everything! Or save cash, and just get a 9700. Hopefully i'll sell this processor, and get a new Barton 2500+, i need to get rid of it, none the less, im broke, I just dished out 200$ for contacts :/

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

It's only an opinion, but you could buy a 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C which apparently overclocks extremely well.
    Some people have oced it to 2.5 ghz !

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's pretty nice, but my CPU speeds are fine. The best thing I can do is get a faster graphics card. I'm thinking a 9500 Pro, but that's not gonna be immediate. I doubt I'll go with any GFFX card for sure as they seem to be really crappy right now over all, and seem to be a general POS all around.

7. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Actually Big B, I was making the suuggestion to Skaeleen, so he could save some cash. ;)

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Actually, with his current video card, he'd be unlikely to see any improvement in gaming with a CPU upgrade, overclocked or not...that GF2 MX400 is holding back his current CPU. ;)

9. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

The GeForce 2 MX400 is a GREAT video card.
    I'd buy one if I could.
    Oh wait...I have one !
    That has nothing to do with my opinion though... ;)

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

11. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

I burnt my old one, on my MSI KT3 Ultra 2 + Raid... Burnt the hell out, got it to 2.25 on air, then i tried higher, and it burnt. Damn that thing to hell. None the less, i'm hgoing barton for 512 L2 cache. I need it baybe.

The Geforce 2 MX400 is a great card, I keep gettign it mixxed up with the 440, becuase its the same card, anyways, I like it, bit I do high end renders, and its slowing me down. I dont play any games cept for GTA3...

12. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I don't play really demanding games so I don't mind.
    Right now I play nhl 2003 and Diablo II, so this card is perfect for that.
    What bothers me is 2d quality, which is horrible.
    On mine at least.