All time favourite movie?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Nic, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I liked I Robot and havnt seen that other film ya mentioned

2. Byt3

Byt3 Geek Trainee

Im glad sumones seen Fear an Loathing.. It dont seem to be that popular. But its gotta b my fav.

-"we cant stop here, this is BAT country"

CLassic...

but the only reason i robot wont be a ledgend is because its got will smith... imagine somehting like the matrix with a really popukar film star like travolter... i mean that would have made it shit, cuz his image wud just shine thou being jon, not neo.... u know wot i mean... :p:p

3. Addis

Addis The King

I liked I,Robot it had a good twist at the end.

4. Cooper

Cooper Geek Trainee

Back to the future. I've seen it over 20 times and it never gets old.
    Donnie Darko was good too, I forgot I downloaded that...

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

OMG I can't believe I forgot those B2TF 1+2 are another few of my fave films I didnt reeli like 3 tho. I also like the original superman films.

6. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Here's what maddox had to say about I-Robot :)

"I don't know why, but after the movie I came out of the theater wanting to buy a pair of Converse shoes (vintage 2004), have them delivered to my local FedEx station, drive my MV Augusta SPR motorcycle to pick them up, stop by the shop to have my new JVC CD player installed in my Audi, pick up a couple of Dos Equis on my way home, wash it down with an Ovaltine and then invest what money I have left into a mutual fund with Prudential Life Insurance.

I'm not exaggerating: this movie plugged 5 companies within a 10 minute block of time. That's roughly one advertisement every two minutes. Most whores don't see that kind of action. What makes a good movie good and a movie like this cunny waft is that in a good movie, every shot counts; every word uttered has a purpose. You won't find the characters saying things like "nice shoes" to which Smith replies "vintage 2004." Thanks for the update assholes, we couldn't have figured out that the products you're cramming down our throats actually exist in real life."

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=i_robot

7. Telster01

Telster01 Geek Trainee

Back to the Future
    American Pie
    Airplane
    Rat Race

They are Brilliant movies and i cant see how anyone can deny it

8. Addis

Addis The King

I thought the most obvious one was the Audi. But other than that I thought I Robot was good.

9. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Then again your 14 ;) mind you.. previous poster is only 15..

Without being insulting, kids generally don't appreciated films for how good or bad they are.. and why..

Because they are generally fansinated by sparkles and bangs.. and.. robots..

None the less, its abit of a generalisation, and nothing personal, i was once like that.. and to this day probably still am ;)

10. Addis

Addis The King

yipee Incredibles was good.
    I didn't pay much attention to the advertising on the film. Mostly cuz one of my mate's needed the toilet and I was saying to him go now. And he kept on saying "Yea but I might miss a good important bit"
    ends up he goes after a while and misses the good bit when he had the chance earlier.

hope you realise that Matttibb didn't write that...
    I generally am more into the plot of films like that. sometimes I'll actually get bored in the action bit since you never have to think about whats happening while in a bit where theres a twist you start trying to guess whats going on.
    Anyway being one of the youngest active members gives me a kind of youthful feel among all these old farts.
    Ignore the last comment.

11. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Well durr :D

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

With no offence intended you are only five years old than a 14 yr old does that suddenly make your judgement of films better (I see your comment at the end of all this but why say that after your previous statement)....and also 14/15 is hardly kids.

13. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Back to the subject ey?

Godfather Trilogy....legendary! I love most gangster films: Goodfellas etc :)

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I havnt seen any of them to be honest

15. Addis

Addis The King

I find gangster films quite boring unless they have a really good plot to them. A lot of the low budget (ones no-one has ever seen) ones are crap.

16. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Can't say godfather hasn't got a good plot... Goodfella's os class too! Buy the boxset :) I also like films such as gladiator,troy etc

17. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I dont have much time for epics after the dissapointment of king arthur

18. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Havn't seen tht but i heard it's poor. Its got Kieara Knightly in it though :good:

19. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Bum Fights 1&2 are good movies. Love them

20. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

haha don't think i'd find them in my local rental store... I did see a documentary on it though, one got a permanent tatoo of bumfight on his forehead hahahaha wat a chump