AMD 64 3000+ vs AMD 64 X2 4200+

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by halfpipehippie, Aug 5, 2006.

1. vol7ron

vol7ron Guest

Agreed. I did do Newegg, til I started to notice that their prices were getting higher then everyone else (their shipping is lower but it doesn't cover the difference). I actually saw this on a few posts from other people where they said you can get it for cheaper at "xxxx". Well I looked and they were right, I could get it for cheaper by $40 or $50. So now I use AnanTech's price finder, or Froogle do do my hardware searching. Occassionaly I check out Pricewatch.

The bad taste in my mouth is that I bought a $130 case off Newegg and everything seemed fine, but a month or two in I found out the spring (and mechanism) behind the Reset button was missing/broken. This pissed me off cuz it was too late to RMA and it's a button I hardly used at the time. But now that I started over clocking a bit more heavily I wish I had it.

Something good about Tiger Direct. My new case had a scratch down the front grill (it's odd cuz all the packaging was good, so it had to be bad before it was put in the box). I called up TigerDirect and in a matter of seconds an agent got me the RMA number and told me to stick one of the stickers that came with the unit back onto the box after writing the RMA down. I would return it by UPS and i didn't have to pay, nor did I have to pay for the shipping of the new item. -- I had to RMA one item at NewEgg and as I recall I had to pay to send it back. I dont know if they've changed things, but I like this Tiger Direct customer service.

2. halfpipehippie

halfpipehippie Geek Trainee

hey! guess what guys! i get to have the 19" CRT from my dad! lol its a dell though, but it works good and great, i get it in a week once i come back from vacation but that means my video card can now be upgraded to a 7600GT. wow this thread has been moving right along without me lol

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's very sweet dude, Dell CRT's aren't shabby at all. I belive Sony has a big part to play in the manufacturing of it's newer CRT's. And that 7600GT will be killer. Enjoy!