ASUS M4A78LT-M LX error in start up help =( *worried*

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Arcie Aquino, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Arcie Aquino

Arcie Aquino Geek Trainee

when i turn my computer on i get this message saying "the CPU does not support this model. check ASUS QVL" then prompts to pressing f1 to continue, while my motherboard clearly states that it supports my CPU. Well, i can still use the unit, but it bothers me that there's that error and not knowing what suddenly will happen in the future. haven't done any overclocking too.

MOBO: ASUS M4A78LT-M LX
    CPU: AMD phenom ii x4 965 black edition

thanks in advance =(

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

According to ASUS support page, you can run up to a 960 with the x4 processors. But technically, your motherboard does support it because you're able to boot up into windows. This issue is common and is usually fixed with a bios upgrade. Which bios revision are you using? IT's displayed at the top of the BIOS screen during boot up. If you're using 0308 then go here to ASUS's download page for your motherboard. Select your o/s, then select BIOS. Download the 0501 revision. Hopefully they've added "support" for your CPU. Once downloaded, open up the .rar file and extract the .rom file to your desktop. Reboot your pc, were going to upgrade your bios.

Your motherboard comes pre-installed with EZflash so all you have to do to load up the program is press ALT+F2 at post (before the bios screen). When EZflash is loaded search for the .rom file and upgrade.

3. Arcie Aquino

Arcie Aquino Geek Trainee

thanks for helping again sir. other question. will updating be safe? the worst case that will happen would be to be back to my original problem right? and will my files be untouched? :)

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Yep Asus has an option to restore back to your default bios. But yes understand that it is always risky to upgrade bios. But it's rare that an error should occur. While upgrading, never interrupt the job and you'll be fine.

5. Dhanoa

Dhanoa Geek Trainee

I am also facing same problem with my new PC having same ASUS motherboard and Phenon II x4 955 processor. I have got latest BIOS i.e. 0801. Even the website of ASUS states that the this processor is supported since 0503 BIOS. Should i downgrade the BIOS? Kinldy help me out. Thanks