ATI 3650 - how to make dualview DVI/HDMI

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by peternemec, Jan 20, 2009.

1. peternemec

peternemec Geek Trainee

Hi guys, I`ve got a Dell PC with a new type of graphic card which has 3 outputs at the back one is - DVI, second - HDMI and the third one is from I`ve read on the internet - Display Port. I need to use 2 screens with this card and I am not sure which 2 of these ports do I use in order to get dual display. Is it possible to connect the first screen into DVI and second into HMDI, although non of my screen has HDMI input pu I could buy a HDMI - DVI converter. Would that work ?? Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

it should not matter much, its up to you to decide which ports you want to use. I'd use DVI and HDMI. HDMI to DVI cable will work fine (I use one).

3. peternemec

peternemec Geek Trainee

Cheers mate, I`ve already found s solution to this. I bought a HDMI to DVI-D converter and it worked just fine. It is necessary to have DVI-D screen. I`ve also tried HDMI to DVD with DVI to VGA, so I had 2 converter at the same time and pluged VGA screen, but it didn`t work. HDMI is strictly into digital video...