Band site revised and reworked!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

The band's site has been overhauled by yours truly.

Only homepage works for now, and the guestbook, so if you wouldn't mind, please evaluate it.

Hope to get the rest of it done by thursday, when they get some samples, so you might be interested! ;)

Thanks.

EDIT: Freewebs is down for now (I hope) so if it doesn't work, that's why. If it does, can you post back/guestbook so I know that it is just freewebs?

2. Addis

Addis The King

Its better now the nav bars at the top. Feels cleaner.

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Thanks for the comment :)

Yeah, that was one of the main reasons I decided to change it

4. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Yep! The site is down...tried and denied!
    :D

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

same here.

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I have to say that with no intention of being offensive, from what i have seen of your graphical work you are capable of alot more.

It has a very amateur look and feel to the site, almost tacky?

and the roll over images have a different coloured shade background compared to the standard images.

I think that the header image should be slightly decreased in it's height, and the navbar should be decreased slightly in it's height, as the navbar is almost as large as the header, also i would use less "in your face text" for the navbar, either that or i would tone the contrast of the colours down in the text, and use a darker text boarder (but quite thin).

I would also try and create the header so it is surrounded by a curving boarder, and have the same boarder surrounding the nav bar, then curving round the margins of the page.

Perhaps create 3 frames, 1 header frame, and 2 left/right margin frames for your images and the navbar, then you could use your standard center frame as the frame for your news, i would also reduce the size and font of the text and the background for the news section, and perhaps include a news script, so it shows the name, date time and subject of the post.

*Just my 2 Cents :good: sorry if i went on abit :D - You've got the skills, use them.

7. Addis

Addis The King

Ok I can see your point about the Final Light header being a tad big but remember this is a site for an amateur band. So I didn't think the nav bars are too bi, maybe the main image thats thats about it.

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I agree with PX. It was knocked together in half an hour, but it isn't my best. I take the improvements as good advice, and thank you. :good:

9. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

If you are interested the band have finally managed to get a song together. It's Wonderwall by Oasis. And it's not half bad.

It's in the "Media" page, so if you wouldn't mind listening to it, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I changed the rollover effect :D

10. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

oh dear god thats dreadful.. they don't even write their own music?

11. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

They have a song in the making.

But despite being copies, you can't deny it isn't a good copy.

Should be some of their own material up after christmas.

Also check out Band--Scott Profile and then Band Practice to see the band's photos...

12. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

No thanks, why not write their own GOOD music, if u can't then why bother?

13. ninja fetus

wow...they suck.the drummer is late on some crash's

14. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I know, its really bad lol

Even i could do better than that! and i havn't played the drums of 2 Years or so

15. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Good feedback.

Keep up the good work, if I get enough I'll write them a list.

16. Addis

Addis The King

I think the singing seems a bit off key. Sorry a lot of things sound off key to me. He's sort of singing an octave lower than what I've heard of the song.

17. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Personally I thought it was alright. Wonderwall was interestin to say the least but american idiots good.

18. ninja fetus

Drummer screws up in that american idiot wanna be. Guitar sounds like a drowning cow, and the singer isn't that great. It sounds like he's got a cold and someone has a kung-fu grip around his nutsack

I doubt that drummer can read music. He's just screwing around filling up space in a lot of things. His techniques and fills suck ballz. I played better than that with a broken arm. He keeps doing the same thing. 1:28 into wonderwall the drummer goes over the top with a crazy solo between the snare and high tom. He screws up and gets off beat. He recovers somewhat to his natural instict to fall behind beat!

1:28 into wonderwall it sounds like the drummer tries to play triplets between snare and tom, accenting first triplet and hitting tom then going to snare for the two other triplet making it a whole beat. He does that twice and I think he tried to transfer both hands to snare but doesn't. He's not using alternating sticking which would greatly improve his fills and smooth his overall playing. His drum roll in the intro of american idiot sounds like a child's un-coordinated hands. He needs to move around the kit more, he's extremely limited by only high tom, snare hi-hat BD, and crash.

If he wants to improve quickly, have ease up the hi-hat, try hitting in the middle of his snare to greatly improve tone and respone, and use rimshots on snare for sustain.
    His cymbals aren't that great. Probably Sabian B8's. Cheap-o's. Make him read this review. read all of these posted. To all the band. They need all the help they can get.

Sniper likes this.
  19. ninja fetus

oh yeah, In wonderwall the guitar part doesn't really go with the singer's style. The drummer doesn't follow much with the guitar either. Tell him to lay off the splash too, it get's so annoying.

20. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I am exceptionanally impressed, ninja.

How on earth did you get that? :eek:

Do you have a sample of your drumming (preferably with a broken arm :p) - I'll let the drummer listen to it.

Cheers guys!