Best Games case for £60ish

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by edgar, Sep 11, 2008.

1. edgar

edgar Geek Trainee

So far research has drawn my attention to the NZXT Hush and the cooler master cm (dominator) 690. Both appear to have fairly good reviews and don't look to silly.

I am really not bothered by looks as it will probably be stuck under a desk in a loft study that otherwise looks like a bomb went off between a kids toy store and a paper recycling center. I would like performance though, it can get hot in the summer as no windows in the roof yet.

any and all thoughts welcome or suggestions of other cases at or below that price point.

thanks in advance edgar.

2. edgar

edgar Geek Trainee

3. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

4. edgar

edgar Geek Trainee

Thanks dude, more to think about now,

I gather now that Antec and some other cheaper cases don't come with the fans, though this is not explicit in the description, and my old system is going to the kids so would therefore have to buy fans, so looks like this might actually be one of the cheapest highly rated cases.

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

well the Thermaltake cases that i recommended all come with two fans as standard one for intake and other for exhaust. you can then choose between silver or black case lol i prefer black

some have 3 fans

6. Machistmo

Machistmo Geek Trainee

This is certainly not a cheap case. I own this case and I abolsutely love it.

It could most likely take a direct hit from a .22 and not suffer any damage.

http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235006

Its a Large layout of cash but its quiet and totally screwless. The case is among the best designed I've ever encountered.

My previous case was an NZXT make and while nice it is not even in the same class and the Zalman.

7. rocky79

rocky79 Geek Trainee

hey wait to reach the decision.

Antec cases are good. Antec 0761345-06551-1 is nice with Low Noise Cooling Fan and lowest price.

Thermaltake Case DH101 Black LCD
    - VF7001BNS is also good. Check it and than take any decision.

:)

8. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

The TT Soprano is a roomy case with neat features like tooless installation, etc but it is quite noisy (the fans are) despite the 120mm fans (2 of them). I bought one but have to say that I would have liked to save a bit and get the Antec 900.