best video capture soft.

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by izzy007, Jan 7, 2007.

1. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

what is the best video capture software from a camcorder/vcr to leadtek winfast1000 capture tv tuner card. i used the composite wire and original software but it isnt clear. also how much difference would an s=video wire make over a rca composite. so whats the best video capture software

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hey.

I think that the reason it aint clear is the actual TV Tuner itself, mine was like this, i noticed that Composite is of a lower quality than S-Video, i notice that when using Composite, the picture is Blured and sometimes the colour is not as good.

3. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

well i mean i didnt get a low quality tuner for a tenner or anything, i got it for £35 and its leadtek with a lot of reviews by sites such as TrustedReviews - The UKs premier source of IT News and Reviews.
    i tried different software and found out that some of the progz were not as good as others. i wanted the best program to capture
    thnx

4. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

so no-one knows?

5. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

weel i got an s-video cable but its worse than the composite. it displays black and white and is just worse, how can i fix this.

6. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Try move ur wire lil bit nd see if it makes any difference....
    I also have a PixelView Pro TV Tuner card... nd I always got a black nd white picture on it through SVideo input... Never tried any other input though but it really sucks nd I neva use to watch anything now...haha Dont even listen the radio on it.....

7. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

the black and whit pic is due to the vcr and the adapter i use i think. coz wid a dvd player its colour and it isnt that much better than composite. is the pinnacle usb video capture any good. might try it if anyone has good experience with it

8. Dmitry S

Dmitry S Geek Trainee

izzy007 is your video capture software set to use PAL? I've heard this causes black and white pictures in cases.

There should be an option or descriptor somewhere in your options/advanced options to confirm wether or not you are.

Also, make sure your saturation isn't set to zero, also in the settings somewhere

...still thinking though

9. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

PAL is the what is supposed to be used in the UK, well PAL i anyway.