bittorrent client?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by TheTyger, Dec 18, 2005.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Azureus is pretty slow on windows, sucks. uTorrent is alright. I do get problems with bittornado causing errors when closing but whatever I'm running windows and some things can't be helped.

2. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

uTorrent is the best torrent client I've used to date. It's small, you just run a .exe, and takes up a lot less RAM then azureus does. It has most if not all of the features you'd expect in a larger bitcomet or azureus.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Exactly my problems, it also has a habit of opening up 2 instances with browser integration.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I've not used uTorrent since I started using [google]bitlord[/google].

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Cant say ive ever experienced it. Damn weve not really answered this guys questions with so many answers n disputes.

6. Addis

Addis The King

I had that, but heard bad things about it. Its based on Bitcomet, so if you like the feel of it definately go for bitcomet.

7. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Yeah bitlord's features are ok, but I still find uTorrent a more acceptable program because it has never crashed on me, no matter howmany torrents I am downloading/seeding. BitLord crashed on me a few times, and rumour was that it had some sort of keylogger (I'm not saying it has one), but I just didn't want to take the chance.

8. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Geek Trainee

I use BitLord and it hasn't crashed on me, however I only installed it about a week ago so it still may. I used UTorrent before that but I like BitLord better. I will switch back to UTorrent tho if BitLord crashes. As for keylogger, I havent heard about that rumor.

9. Tracekill

Tracekill Geek Trainee

Azureus is the best because it is a highly adjustable platform because its based on Java JRE 3 so you can download plugins for it or build your own. Those who say it is slow are just being plain ignorant because there are a ton of excellent plugins out there that can double or triple your downloading speed.

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I dont mean Azureus is slow I mean the windows box it runs on will be.

11. Tracekill

Tracekill Geek Trainee

I run that, my CS source dedicated server and CS Source all at the same time with no slowing down whatsoever. I do run a dual core rig tho.

12. Addis

Addis The King

I've used Azureus, and the download speeds are good, whether the speeds are legitimate and fairly contributing to the torrent are to be questioned.

Java isn't fast, it really isn't. Its highly portable for different architectures, but itself Java is never going to be as fast as compiled C like code.