Clone Image for Dell Optiplex GX 520

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Banner, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Banner

Banner Geek Trainee

Hi everybody

I'm an IT Officer in a company. We have several Dell Optiplex GX520( i know they are obselete) PC with Windows XP and CD ROM Drive. We wish to upgrade for Windows 7 as Win XP is not supported by Microsoft. I have tried to install Win 7 by using an external DVD drive to the GX 520(as win 7 came in a DVD). I have the graphical option to install the Win 7. Then I have perform a backup image of the PC using BartPE and Ghost32. The problem is when I try to deploy the backup image in another GX520 I got this error message:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
    3. Click "repair your computer."
    If you don't have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Unfortunately, the Dell Optiplex GX520 did not have DVD Drive. I cannot boot from the external DVD drive or a USB pen drive(it did not recognize them) even they appear on the BIOS setting. Moreover, I have noticed that after installing the Win 7, it have not created the system reserved partition for Win 7.

Can someone help please, how to repair the Win 7 on the client. Thanks

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

How Many Dell Optiplex Gx520 does your office have? Are they all the same? And none of them have a DVD drive???

3. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

System partition should be created automatically. Maybe that is why transferred Windows fails to boot.

I suggest that you open case, put in IDE DVD drive and install that way Windows 7.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

AGREED !!!!!!