Computer Keep Saying Kernel_data_inpage_error And Some Times Kernel_stack_input_error

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by tomcruise323, Jun 19, 2005.

1. tomcruise323

tomcruise323 Geek Trainee

ez recovery is just like other software or data recovery program u find at download.com (seagate mentioned they use this mostly to recover data). and about recovery data programs, downloads.com has so many, therefore in your opinion which one i should get. also, before i use the tools i would like to know can i transfer files from the other good volumes from one external hd to another external hd via a laptop simutaneously (via 2 usb 1.1 both plugged in each one) or i just have to transferf iles from one external hd to the laptop then from the laptop transfer that file to the othe external hd?

2. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

On the data recovery tools I've never been in the situation where I needed one (not for Windows anyway) so I don't know which one would be best. You'll just have to shop around and see if you find anything you like.

As for copying the files across from one external hard drive to another, I again have not done this myself but I don't see why not. Presumably they simply appear as normal drives in Windows Explorer so copying the files across should be a trivial matter.

3. tomcruise323

okay. dont worry about the data recovery program (i will look at the ratings from user and find out myself which one is the best to use :))
    about transfer one hd to another hd, i check other forums they said its possible as long as it does take toomuch power supply forit (howerver i dont need to worry about that because they have their both power supply adapter! yes!!!!)

4. tomcruise323

so i have only one more thing to go to before i carry out these problems. therefore can you please tell me how do u set a hd as slave (is their a button on it to do that?)

5. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

When I told you to set the hard drive as a slave I was thinking along the lines of a desktop PC with two drives on the same IDE cable, and forgot that you were dealing with a laptop. I don't know how the BIOS or Windows manage USB hard drives so you can safely ignore that advice.

6. tomcruise323

okay thanks for letting me know i will make sure to do that. do u have anymore advice u can give me :)