connecting front panel wires to motherboard

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by RHochstenbach, Jan 20, 2007.

1. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

How do you connect the wires of the on/off button, reset button, HDD led and power led correctly? There is a + and another connection on the motherboard. Do I need to look at the position of the arrow on the black plugs, or do I have to look at the color of the wires? btw I mean the following plugs:

Attached Files:

2. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Normally this can be found in the motherboard manual. On my mobo there are a group of pins that you plug them into, and the manual tells you which one goes where. As for which colour wire is +, I just guessed and it worked.

3. RHochstenbach

The manual says where to put all the plugs on the motherboard. But how can I see where the + is located on each plug?

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yeah, it's in the manual, don't worry about reverse polarity, an LED will just not work if you connect it reverse polarity, and you won't damage anything, if you don't have a manual just download one,

what is the make & model of your mobo[ot]and i'll find the manual for you[/ot]

5. RHochstenbach

I'm not having this problem right now. But I just needed to know that. Normally I would just connect the plugs in the correct pins. And if something wouldn't work, I would plug it in the reverse way. The plugs have an arrow at one side. And I wanted to know if that arrow represents a + or something else.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes, the little arrow on the connectors is the (+) lead, while the other is the (-) lead. It only matters for the LED's in the front, while the switches are omni-directional. As long as the switches complete the circuit, they're fine.

7. RHochstenbach

ok, thanks!