could someone confirm it?

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by newbiegamer, Feb 17, 2011.

1. newbiegamer

newbiegamer Geek Trainee

i have 4gb of ram installed in my system, but in "my computer" properties it just shows 2.75 gb of ram. i have 32bit version of windows xp installed in my system, and i know that it can support upto 4 gb of ram. Shouldn't it be showing like 3.25gb or something? i mean 2.75gb seems lesser than what it should actually show. im not sure about it. Or is there some other problem..
    my specs are :
    phenom 955 BE
    Gigabyte 880
    GSkill 2x2gb ddr3 1333
    hd 5770
    wd 500gb
    coolermaster 650 watt

thnx in advance

Attached Files:

• ram.JPG
      ram.JPG
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Do you have an on-board graphics, or are you running something else ? look into you Bio's at startup and see what your on board graphics is using.. I always have to turn mine down...
    they eat up allot or your ram..

Sniper likes this.
  3. newbiegamer

newbiegamer Geek Trainee

thnx that helped. it was the onboard graphics which was eating up the ram. i diabled it and now its fine. sorry for late response.

4. gougreat

gougreat Geek Trainee

dude.. a 32 bit operating system can use a max of 3.25gb ram.. just for knowledge sake i post this info..

5. No, not true. Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit can support up to 3.5GB RAM.

6. Marcelus

Marcelus Geek Trainee

I think that there is a little conflict between these operating sistems. You better quit using two OS and work on just one. I say , there would be no problem if you listen to me.