Cpu Overheating Issues

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by parinay pawar, Apr 6, 2017.

1. parinay pawar

parinay pawar Geek Trainee

I am using intel i7-3770k processor and had combined it with Corsair H-60 cpu cooler my cpu as well as my cooler is more than 4 years old so recently a few months back i started noticing my cpu was overheating which was cause my pc to restart i thought my H-60 was'nt performing as well as it should or it ran out of juice so i replaced it with normal stock cpu cooler which came with my processor which was'nt even used before but still i am facing the same heating issue with my cpu does myH-60 cooler needs any servicing or my cpu is naturally overheating what could be issue?

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Sure CPU overheating was reason for restarts? And no PSU for example?

3. parinay pawar

yes cause i had checked the temperature of my cpu they were well above 80 degree and after restart the same cpu overheat error

4. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Well, even stock cooler should be enough when CPU is idling. I expect contact between CPU and cooler is not OK, check that first.

5. parinay pawar

No the temperature is normal when its idling but when do some cpu intensive stuff like gamming or rendering my pc does'nt last for more than 40 mins before restarting due to overheating .

6. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

In that case I'd first check contact between CPU heatspreader and CPU cooler. If contact is less than optimal, then overheating is very possible.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Did you clean off the old thermal paste/pad first? If not, and especially if you added new stuff, you actually insulate the CPU. As mentioned, proper contact is critical.