CPU Upgrade advice

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by bishman82, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

lol, nice choices m8, what exactly did you order for you graphics card?
    I had about <$850 to spend on my PC so I did what I could but the deals I were looking at ended so I went bout 100 dollars over my limet and ended up buying crappy ram, a really cheap ($80) mobo which actually turned out to be very good, a rapidly filling up 80gig hard drive, and no monitor (I use a tiny 13" viewable CRT for now groan). I splurged somewhat (for my budget) on the case (about $85 w/ extra lights and another 12cm fan), and my somewhat disappointing 6800 video card. The joys of upgrading shall begin this summer!

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

THATS SO COOL a 13" crt nice man

yea take a hit for your gaming life (salutes)

one thing that ive always wanted to do is outfit a mac mini with a 5 or 6" LCD screen on top and take it everywhere.

Ex- what resolution that go up to?

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Now that would be sweet, you could totally do it too, put it in your car, backpack, pants pocket, whatever. Go for it!
    The thing can actually make it to 1280x1024, of course it lists up to 2048x1536 but if I moved it up to that it would probably twitch, melt, and implode on the spot, not to mention you couldn't read a damn thing on that resolution anyway.

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

hey if you get a new computer then administer the last rights, set the monitor on high and insert a cd into the tray that you hit a few times with a hammer and watch the fireworks haha, i wish i could do that to my p3 computer but my mom insisted on keeping it

AND ID VIDEOTAPE IT TOO!

yea ill go for it but first im gonna have to save up alot lol as u kno my sys cost a lil
    portable mac min wud be sweetness

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

haha! yeah, I should pop in a decend v-card in the crappy computers at school, crank the resolution way up and tape it for film class like you were saying. Those computers are pretty much good for nothing really, 5 minutes to start up, 2 to shut down, countless minutes being repaired by the stoned computer dude at school. Not to mention the server is CONSTANTLY down it seems, every day I here "sorry, you can't check your e-mail, the server is down" ugh...

6. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

i jus hate the firewalls from the school, tho it seems alot of the kids kno how to override them haha but they don't kno how to copy and paste, i think they were forced to learn it haha