Dead Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by megamaced, Jan 7, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I just want to clear up a few things in regards to 'dead threads'

I can understand the need not to bring back to life a dead thread if it was hardware of software related. The information could be out of date, or simply useless and obsolete.

On the other hand, if the thread is about 'whether people like to dunk buscuits into their tea', or whether a 'Nissan Skyline is any good', surely the rules need not be so strict?

I'd like to point out I am not having a go, I would just like some feedback on this!

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah I must agree, I mean what if someone had the same though a month or so after that dunking thread died, two dunking threads would be silly so maybe this should only apply for specific thread groups with a cut off date for all others around 3 months or something? I don't know who it would work but I just beat FEAR a little bit ago but the thread talking about "did any one play FEAR yet" is a little old now and I don't want to make a new one for no real good reason. Just something to concider:)

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I would agree, only the technical threads need to be left alone while others are fine to carry on. I would like to see more feedback!

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Agree with you guys on this one, technical threads be left alone if old (say a month or so old, technology moves fast nowadays) but non-technical threads or stuff like "What's your favourite...." could be revived...
    Stuff like discussions while they don't get as old fast things do change so the time period on these could be longer than technical threads but not indefinite.

5. Addis

Addis The King

Concur here, it is important that old technical threads aren't brought up, especially if its in the graphics card area as that will be out of date within a few months. So now, we can safely post about our dunking habits now. :D

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

YAAAY!
    Supreme Dunkage...

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's to help stop some posts that don't need to be brought up by making people think twice.

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Are you trying to say that dipping buscuits into your tea is NOT an important issue? :D