dell battery failure looking for recommended replacement

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by bobcat, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bobcat

bobcat Geek Trainee

i need to replace the battery in my dell inspiron 6000 laptop. The dell batteries have a poor history concerning life and short usage issues after fully charged. is there a non dell battery eqivalent that solves the problems that plague dell batteries?

2. phantasm23

phantasm23 Guest

Nope Dell OEM batteries are sadly about as good as they come. Hardly anything in laptops is standardized and generic batteries are even cheaper.

3. Nuttifeetfirst

Nuttifeetfirst Geek Trainee

In general battery life is about two to three years, it can be longer depending on how it is used. I have an Inspiron 9100 and its battery has just started to go downhill, also I have two D series Latitude's and the battery in these has been very good so far, addmitedely they are 9 cell longlife units that will work all day before re-charge.
    As an electronic engineer the battery unit should remain in the laptop and only be removed if changing or working inside the laptop, yes while connected to main power do not remove battery, the controller will automatically cut power to battery unit when fully charged. It can also be this controller if not working correctly will damage the battery and reduce the life.