Every game lags on the new laptop

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by TheBigJax, Jul 17, 2012.

1. TheBigJax

TheBigJax Geek Trainee

So I recently bought a new laptop and it has like really good specs (Acer ASPIRE 5750G, Intel i5 2430M with TurboBoost, 4GB DDR3 RAM & Nvidia GeForce GT 520M 1GB) using Windows 7 Home Premium and with this laptop I should be able to play many games on high/ultra graphics with big FPS without any lag. But it is definately not like that. Here are games that I've tried:
    Fallout 3 - lags even on lowest settings
    Fallout New Vegas - surprisingly does not lag on lowest but lags on medium and higher
    Skyrim - lags even on lowest settings
    GTA IV - lags even on lowest settings
    Modern Warfare 2 - lags even on lowest settings

And I'm asking myself - what am I doing wrong? I know that i should be able to play all of these games without lag on medium and higher and it just is not like that. I would really appreciate your help!!!

2. Stevey

Stevey Guest

I'm no expert but all I know is that Acer is not a model to trust your money to. You're not doing anything wrong, you just bought wrong laptop. If you really really need this laptop for gaming, then think of selling it for the price more or less the same you paid for it, and buy a model that is actually getting good reviews on the internet (i personally advise buying ASUS, but from what I've heard Lenovo is also quite good, especially taking into consideration the price of its laptops). Cheers

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Your laptop sounds like a basic laptop and not a gaming laptop, I would suggest a high end Toshiba.. make sure you have at least 8 gigs of ram..and a big cpu..

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The processor and amount of RAM aren't bad, but the graphics are the low-end GeForce 500 Series, so that's likely what's holding you back.

5. Jan Benedict

Jan Benedict Geek

A good laptop for games are the ones with GTX 630M and up or 540M...