Favourite Game of all time...

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Knev123, Mar 8, 2006.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

On pc it has to be World of Warcraft. Many days ive had off sick just to play it. Xbox - Kung fu chaos, ps2 - Rez, Snes - Mariokart, Saturn - Panzer Dragoon, Atari 2600 - Combat

2. blade

blade GEEK 2.0

Wow, thats crazy!

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah I do the multi game thing a lot too. Fortunately I buy almost none of them, UnSeEn has a big part to play in my gaming selection. It can be daunting but it's cool to sample a lot of stuff at once sometimes. Other times it can be a problem like when you have a lot of weird control schemes you have to remember at once. Can be tricky.
    And yeah for the record Rez is a very sweet game, I only have the demo though as the full game is rare and expensive. For the PS2 I'd say God of War is really where it's at, brilliant game.

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Thats gave me one good idea, in my 15" monitor, i play GTA SA, in the 17" i play ut2k4 :D at once, yay!!!, at moment i actually have about 22 games installed :p, just installed Half Life 2 and CSS, haved done that encrypting or decrypting game file crap yet tho.

5. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Boy, you'd better have fast internet. Steam is a bugger about updating and decrypting files. I did it when I had 56k...it wasn't pretty. Prepare to have your internet busy overnight if you're in the same boat I was.

Great games, though. CSS is EXCELLENT (far superior to CS, in my opinion) and HL2...need I go further?

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

you dont need the internet for decrypting do you? :s, I love playing HL2 deatmatch :good:, my internet is 2.1mbps, ummm it took me about 20mins to update half life 2 and css and install HL2 Deatmatch.

7. talker1106

talker1106 Geek Trainee

Best game- Tetris; its simple with LOTS of depth and playable on most digital platforms. And its the same game in HD color or LCD, 8-bit or 32-bit, somthing most games can't pull off. In most games if the graphics are bad, its unplayible, but not tetris.
    Second place- The Civ series; I love it for the same reasons, depth, fun, and its so addictive. Its also one of the best ideas for a game

8. Biofreak101

Biofreak101 Geek Trainee

Oblivion, by far, the BEST GAME EVER! ...Now if only it used the source engine... XD

9. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

thank godness someone here agrees with me. I also enjoy Oblivion but i also enjoy Warcraft3, cs condition zero, and ut 2004.

Off topic: will UT2007 be the new benchmark game in terms of graphics. I cant wait!!

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

For the PC, yeah it's looking exreamly good, though Crysis is probably a notch more advanced and evolved.

11. edijs

edijs Programmer

Operation Flashpoint

12. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

Starcraft. Dam straight.

13. viper

viper Geek

I would have to say FFVII, the storyline was one of the best i have ever played. It was just so in depth, and the game just kept me playing for many hours at a time. But, although saying this, games like Mario and Sonic are really fun games to just pick up and play.

14. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

for me:
    Day of Defeat 1.3 (i even have my own dedicated server :p )
    Oblivion
    Company of Heroes (NEW)

15. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

oh man i comlpetely forgot to rave about Morrowind, i played the crap out of that game, for like a solid year and a half. It was sweet, i had like every item in the game and was the top rank of every group you could join,... those were good days

16. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

My first and still favourite online game is the original Starseige Tribes. I got it as a graduation gift and then played it for like 2 years straight! :chk: For the platform, I think the resident evil series on the playstation is my all time favourite along with Metal Gear solid on the ps1! I played all those for hours..I loved the Metal gear storyline, it was really engaging :)

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I played MGS2 on PS2 and it's a great game but man didn't the story throw me by the end. It was good but hell if I could tell you what was going on after awhlie.

18. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Wow, u guys are into first person/third person (like RE) shooters way too much! lol. Never realized this. I don't like shooters much. :p With a few exceptions like battlefield 1942, which I think is awesome for some strange reason. Oh, and also Heretic and Duke Nukem 3D were pretty fun back in the day (like 8+ years ago) along with a couple other old titles I used to play with my friend back then. But usually I get bored with most FPS games after like an hour. *shrug*

My favorite genres are strategy, RPG, combat flight sim (WWI/II), and old-school point-and-click adventure (e.g. King's Quest series, Quest for Glory series, etc.).

And my favorite games of all time I think are
    1.) EverQuest, but before all the latest expansions came out
    2.) (2-nd place) Heroes of Might and Magic 2 & 3.

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Some of those old point and click games are pretty much my all time favs but nobody's really heard of them in this day so I usually forgoe posting them. But yeah Cosmic Osmo and Day of the Tenticle are some seriously great games, at least when I was 8, though I still play them now.

20. Milanche

Milanche Geek

Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, GTA series, Tomb Raider series, Oblivion, Unreal Tournament 2004... These are my favs, but still the best one is Warcraft III