favourite playstation games

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, Dec 30, 2001.

1. betsy

betsy Geek Trainee

Yeh as in the Hef, can't get enough of it. I got juiced the other day, not very impressed with it so far although my car looks nice now :p

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

meh i dont like those 'boy racer' games (yes i know you're a girl betsy) they just get on my nerves, but racing games are good. Gran Tourismo was/is the daddy of racing games, and i also liked the older sega rally games.

3. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

All final fantasies from 7 and up on the PSX and 10 and X-2 on the PS2
    tekken 3 and tag
    Jak 2 and 3
    espn football 2k5
    auto modellista
    gran turismo 4 and 3
    NFSU 1 and 2

4. viper

viper Geek

Got be the the Final Fantasy series, no question about it FF7 is the best game ever made.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Currently my favs are Tekken Tag Tournament which totally rocks. I still can't get over how cool it looks, graphics and move wise. For the PS2 they gfx are pretty much PC level. The detail is totally crazy. You can see things like a gals belly button imprinted underneath her shirt.
    And Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal rocks my world. I've never played a more satasfying and intuitive game as far as I can remember. The controls are nearly perfect and the weapons are origional and very viseral and fun. I highly recommend it to any one in the mood for a wacky shoot-em-up.
    I'll be starting Jak and Daxter and Jak 2 in a week or so which should be fun.

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

my faviourate playstations game were Grand Theft auto 1,2, london.
    thats about it :\

i remember, when i frist started playing the 1st gta, it was the demo, and i was addicted to it, it was about 6 years ago now since i first played it :p

it was soo fun mowing down all the pedestrians, even better on the ps2 versions of gta like gta sa :D

7. TheTyger

TheTyger Geek Trainee

took a while for the final fantasys to get in there. FF7 and FFT are definately the bes tRPG's ever. MGS, Crash Bandicoot, Parappa, and for teh PS2, the game im loving right now is Amplitude. The best music game to date, although the same company has just released Guitar Hero, and that looks amazing!

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I've heard that's an excellent game, highly recommended even if you barely like the guitar.
    Currently I'm playing God of War which a friend loaned me, top notch game right there. Really satasfying and fluid combat, evey move looks great and racking up combos is so cool. Everyone who likes some great combat and cool boss battles should check this one out.

9. JimBowen

JimBowen Guest

Grand theft auto!
    GT1 & GT2

10. Invader Zim

Invader Zim Geek Trainee

Cant beat GTA, it was just good for those bad days. All time favorite for PSX is Metal Gear Solid. Never played FF7 though I have been highly recommended to :p

11. kerse

kerse Geek Trainee

!!

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

What do you guys mean by PSX? I thought that was just a ps2 with a harddrive? Or do you mean PlaystationX as in either 1 or 2?

13. TheTyger

TheTyger Geek Trainee

the psx is just the ps1. i believe it comes from japan using psx as the abbreviation for the playstation, because every system has at least 3 letters (nes, snes, n64, sega). Its really just a flow thing, because i think psx works better than ps when im writing. And when i threw some games in earler, i forgot air combat.

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks man, makes sense about the 3 letter thing. I just remember reading an article about 'psx' just like a silver ps2 with a hard drive and make specifically for online games or something...

15. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

[ot]
    Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2 are now totally FREE to download and play! Rockstar games has officially classed them as 'abandonware' and you can download the games from their website. :cool: [/ot]

16. TheTyger

TheTyger Geek Trainee

come to think of it, they did officially call the concept for that system you mentioned a psx system... I ont know if it ever launched in japan enen though, and i know that it didnt launch here.

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks, glad to know I wasn't totally off my rocker there:)