Force Links to Open In IE

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by m60dude5, Jul 2, 2008.

1. m60dude5

m60dude5 Geek Trainee

Hi all,
    I am making an Intranet for a company. Since the links to the files change constantly, I am putting an iframe on the site, which links to the folder on the server. That way, name changes to files, and deleting files will be immediately reflected on the site. Since some of our employees use firefox, the folder view is rendered differently. I was wondering if there way to force Internet Explorer to open and display the files in a "Windows Explorer" style window. It works perfect on IE, but not so on firefox. Basically, I want some html or javascript to open Windows Explorer and display a certain path when the user clicks a link.
    Thanks for any help.

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

You could install the Firefox plugin IE Tab, and enter the URL of the intranet to the filter, so everytime you open the specific URL, it opens in IE mode.

3. m60dude5

m60dude5 Geek Trainee

That's what I was thinking, the problem is, we have a company with about 200 computers and not many of the people here are savvy enough to do that. And I don't have the time to do it on everyone's computer. Thanks for the reply though.