Got my new card

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by harrack52, Jun 30, 2004.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

At first, I wanted a X800 Pro because I said to myself:"what's the point in buying another 9800 Pro ??"

After that I realized that $630 cad for card is just too much so I was gonna get a 9800 Pro 256mb. I had found one for $375 but as of today, the card is $400 (on the net).

Pissed I was, I went to a computer store who was supposed to have that card for that price but they didn't.

So I got what I think is a great deal on a BBA 9800 Pro 128mb : $300

Had it been $350, I wouldn't have gotten the card, but at $300, I had to.

Anyway, I gave her (the card) a nickname (see sig) :p

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Keepin' her virginal, eh? You know you won't be able to keep your hands off forever! ;)

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

hehe, i'm regretting buying my 9600XT now :( wish i had gone for a 9800 pro.. wonder if i can sell it lol

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I guess it depends on how much you play. I don't play much anymore, but the 9600XT is capable of playing anything out there at a decent res...if it's been coded right, unlike Deus Ex:Invisible War.

I'll just wait to upgrade until nForce 4 comes out and buy a dual Opteron setup with dual PCIe and some GeForce 6800's in SLI. :chk:

5. Anti-Trend

Hey, pick me up one of those too, will 'ya? :D

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I was able to play Battlefield Vietnam (800x600 at low details) with a 9200 128mb so a 9600XT is more than capable of playing the latest games.

The only reason why you would wanna get the 9800 Pro is if you turn AA and AF on.
    If you're not gonna' do that, the 9600XT is perfect.

7. xslynux

xslynux Geek Trainee

yeah...i love my 9600xt(halflife 2 prefered graphics :swt: ) but i will be upgrading to 6800nu or x800se before xmass
    anyways have fun with your new card ;)

8. Addis

Addis The King

yep. i don't understand how you can have a card not oced. i know i couldn't restrain myself for more than 3 days. My 5900nu is oced at around 425 and 730. i would have waited a bit longer to buy a 9800pro by a month or so until new cards in the 6x00 or ati models come out. it would have driven prices lower than $300 since i got my card for £140 dunno how much that is in $. (this was 5 months ago.) Not bad considering my mum never bought me anything more than £80 on the net!

9. Anti-Trend

I dunno... After owning that 9500 (Modded to 9700 Pro), I have a hard time playing games without 4x FSAA enabled... ;) But, then again, if you have a 15" monitor there really isn't much point in having a $300 video card.

10. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well that's $300 cad and £140 is $340 cad.

And it was at my local store. I can't even get that price on the net, lowest I've seen is $315 and it's a special.

11. Anti-Trend

I stand corrected: a $300-US video card ;)

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The British pound >US$>CAD$. That's what I know.