Graphic Showroom

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by Waffle, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, should have guessed, I never really understood layer masks, they seem to work better though.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

:good: work as usual waffles

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, what's wrong with this picture;), had fun.
    [​IMG]

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Give up? I guess you guys/gals never say The Little Mermaid? That would be her head in place of "Luna's" (that old nVidia babe) in case you didn't realize, I know it's a tuffy.

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Ohhh yeah, nice sig as well btw :D

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

exfoliate ur sig is amazing...i trying to work on one but i just cant get it right...oh well, more experimentation for me!

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks you two, glad you like it, though it did come out a little girly I'm afraid. Just getting in tough with my feminine side I guess. Your Sun sig is pretty cool dude, did you make the sun? That would be amazing. Hey nobody knows how to make Waffle quality sigs in PhotoShop the first time around, I sure didn't, all I knew about were a few layer effects that I say my brother use (he pretty much makes spooky backgrounds on pictures and cuts peoples (MY!) heads off:rolleyes:). With a little exploration, some guidance, a good book maybe, and some inspiration you'll totally have it:good:

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

i'd love to say i made the sun but i didnt, i tried for hours to make it but couldnt so i downloaded a pic of it and then stratched the edge out to make it go all the way to the left, you cant really tell though...then i jus put the words in and couldn't be bothered with it and more :p

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

traitor haha, yeah ex, pretty cool sig, i wonder how it'll look with black/red

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah ex ur sig is aewsome, damn i wish i was that good :eek:hah:

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks guys but it was more luck than anything, I fool around with what I know usually looks cool and sometimes I randomly get something I like, I never set out thinking "oh, I can make this", it's probably better this way.

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well this thread was all but forgotten so I thoght I'd throw in some random stuff, mostly fire related here. At this point they're little more than simple renders but I felt bad for the thread you know.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

SWEET! those are amazing, I love the bottom fire one...very nice!
    :good:

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I like the bottom fire one too

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks mate, super easy to make, just make a white bar with a soft brush on black. Take the smudge too and get some wavy lines in there and add color. Might work for a hellish siggy.

16. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I got bored so I decided to make a sig. I know the font is poor im yet to find a decent one and Im open to suggestions. This was a mix of a tutorial I read the other night and some fiddling on my part.

[​IMG]

Constrictive criticism?

17. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

None, it's brilliant...
    :good:
    Nice one Nic!

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's awsome the color scheme and render work really well together. Though I can't say I totally understand the effect unfortunatly, I'm probably just a bit dim at the moment. Some parts look a little pixelated and others hazy and then there's a chromy bubble wrap kind of effect going on in the upper right. It's still cool but I'd say try to stick with one unified effect and keep things fairly in time with it, mixing up a lot of different effects is sometimes confusing.

19. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Awesome abstract effect, text...hm...I'd suggest clearing the style you have already, setting the text layer's blending mode to "soft light" and lowering its FILL % to about 75%

That should give it a nicely blended apperance - add a 1px stroke if desired.

20. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Actually ex there was no effect on it other than one or two blurings :) and thanls for the tips waffles ill go do it in a bit