Hanns.G HG281D 28" vs Samsung T260

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by BoBBYI986, Jun 13, 2009.

1. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hey all I'm stuck for which monitor to buy, right now im leaning towards the Hanns G, 28" even though I never even heard of that brands, sounds like it's german so should be good. I like it because of the response time, resolution and size. It has excellent reviews as well.

But I also like the Samsung T260 this monitor has a higher response time but better contrast ratio's.

What do you guys think is the best purchase?

Hanns.G HG281D 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor (Hanns G)

26? widescreen LCD monitor T260 - LCD - monitors | SAMSUNG (samsung T260)

Thanks

2. Machistmo

Machistmo Geek Trainee

I currently own the T260HD and I love it. The screen swap from DVI to TV is a lil slow but its not a big deal. Otherwise it is a wonderful monitor and the fact that you get full 1080p HD TV is just too good to pass up.

3. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi thanks for your reply. Do you get any ghosting on the Samsung T260? because of the 5ms response time on such a large screen?

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Got the T260 myself, and I don't experience any ghosting at all. It has a fast response, shows much more colors (more than I've ever seen before. Even the Apple Cinema Display's don't have that), and very bright.

The only problem is that it starts to scan all ports when the screen is switched on. Especially probing HDMI takes some time. But when you're past the boot screen of your OS, it should be working. But if you turn on the screen AFTER turning on the computer, it immediately jumps to the last used port :)

I do advise you to use the DVI instead of the HDMI port, as you can then use 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080.

btw There's also a version of the T260 with TV features. It costs just a bit more, but then you can replace your TV :)

5. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi, thanks for the Info. one more question, does it come with dual link 24 pin DVI? so I can have the highest resolution or do I have to buy one seperatly?

6. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

The DVI cable that comes with my T260 is a single-link. But I can get the maximum resolution really sharp.

I thought that dual-link DVI was only neccesary for resolutions in the 2000-range...