Harrack!

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by zeus, Jul 19, 2003.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

Did you look into which make does the best version of the 9600pro when you bought yours?

I think I will end up with one of these, and an Asus p4p800.
    I just dont know which one to go for. Im leaning toward the Sapphire, god knows why! A good choice?

Cheers :)

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

hey harrack you read this thread or replied though PM? if so plz delete the thread :) thx

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

PM ?
    I haven't received any PMs.

No I didn't because I was supposed to buy a MSI Ti4200 but they only had the Asus so I went for the Built-by-ati 9600p since it was the next best thing (I think it's quite on par with it but should pick it up with newer games, may be wrong though).

The Powercolor has 400mhz memory instead of the usual 300 but I don't know about the quality or overclocking ability.
    If you do get the Sapphire, make sure you have the Samsung mem chips, not the Erontech as a guy over at amdmb only oced his memory to 312 and found it was because he had this memory (I don'T know which one I have, I'll look later and tell you but in 20 min my system will be Prime certified so I can't turn it off :D )

The highest oc I've seen so far is by hardocp which is 568/350 or something (I'm having problems with this website), I've also seen a couple of users getting over 500/340.
    Personnally I'm at 515/342 and the memory just won't go higher without any cooling applied to it. It's a shame since this is what makes the difference really. The core can go higher but with artifacts, actually there's almost no space left to voerclock with rage3dtweak: the button is almost all the way to the right !

But try to find a 9500 Pro if you want to spend the extra $20 usd because it is a better card, even though it's clocked a lot lower.

That said, I'm very happy with mine, a 25% oc is not something you should spit on although I'd like my mem to go higher. If you do buy the Built-By-Ati one you may wanna' change the hsf as it is VERY small, it doesn't even cover the memory. I'm thinking of putting an 80mm fan blowing right to it.

Do you think changing utilities will affect the oc ?
    What if I use Rivatuner instead ?

Oh and one last thing, mine was completely featureless: card/manual/cd that's it. No games no nothing so it was quite expensive if you ask me but it'S a good card so I guess you get what you pay for !

4. zeus

zeus out of date

Ive just found a place which sells both the 9600pro and the 9500pro for the same price!
    Im gonna get the 9500pro probably tomorrow.
    I was gonna buy the graphics card last but dont wanna this chance of getting it for £120!

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Nice :)

Yeah you better grab it because if you don't, someone else will !