HELP! +3.3v is "Out of Threshold"

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by IT_Monster, Mar 8, 2005.

1. IT_Monster

IT_Monster Geek Trainee

help, i have an asus P4P800-X mobo, and when i run the asus hardware monitoring, i saw that my +3.3v rail reads only at an average of 2.832, and it says that it is "Out of Threshold"! any suggestion? i have no idea what is the prob...

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Sounds like your power supply is getting raped. What is your power supply, and current system specs?

3. IT_Monster

IT_Monster Geek Trainee

300w psu
    ASus P4P800-X
    P4 2.6C
    2X256mb DDR400
    Inno3d FX5200

is it a psu problem?

4. ninja fetus

ProcalX likes this.
  5. IT_Monster

IT_Monster Geek Trainee

ok thanks, i'll try other psu later... thnx for the info...

6. steveocz

steveocz Geek Trainee

The P4P800 and P4C800 both read the 3.3V line much lower than they actually are. I have 4 of these boards and they all do the same. With my 3.3V rail tweaked to 3.6V (tested with DMM) the bios reports 3.33V.

7. IT_Monster

IT_Monster Geek Trainee

so you mean it is just fine? but i'm worried because i heard that it should not be less than +-5 tolerance, meaning 3.2 - 3.4... haven't you encounter any problem with this setup?

8. steveocz

steveocz Geek Trainee

What you really need to do is test the voltage at the AUX 6 pin connector with a multi meter. Bios readings are almost never accurate so I never go off them. I have a P4P800 running in the other room right now with the bios/MBM5 showing 2.84V for the 3.3V line, but I checked with a DMM and it showed 3.31V...soooo nothing to worry about :good:

9. glo

glo Geek Trainee

sorry to borrow the thread, but i'm experiencing a similar problem. i'm running on a p4 2.8c ,radeon 9800pro and a thermaltake 300w psu... i get the same 3.3v out of threshold notice with the asus aiprobe... but then whenever i run anything that even remotely resembles 3d graphics e:g winamp visualization, i will slowly experience artifacts that will eventually fill the whole screen.. the same goes for games. the comp will then shutdown or restart and refuse to boot into windows. what can i do?
    thx guys...

10. ninja fetus

11. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I'll back that up. Very reliable PSU for the money; I used those exact units when I refurbished the workstations at my work. Not a single failure so far, and they've been rock solid.