Help with Drawing!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by Tigger, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

Hi,

HELP!

I somehow ended up with the responsiblity of coming up with a motto and a sort of flag. A few colleagues and I brainstormed for a while and came up with an idea of a tree with 5 branches and on each branch was 5 leaves.. each representing something ("ie. BRANCH : Creativity. LEAVES : Exploring, Inspiring")

The problem is i just learnt i cant draw a tree or leaves... but i have the font nailed!

so could someone please help me! maybe if you had some spare time Waffle? you are extremely talented.

i have an example of one of my many failed attempts

http://www.geocities.com/hairycasper/tree.html

looking for someone to just draw the tree and the leaves and ill add the text.. nothing too fancy.. has to be black and white and to be the size of a sideways a4 piece of paper.

Thank you so much !!

Kasper

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I'm only talented with digital drawing unfortunately.

I can have a go, by all means. If you'd like I can take a photo of a couple of tree's and then do something fancy and merge them all together, then you can add the text.

If it needs to be hand drawn, I would consider asking Egaladeist.

Tigger likes this.
  3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

How realistic do you want the trees? It may be a little late now to actually draw out a tree with leaves on it, but you might find some books with trees in them and draw off of that, or sketch something elsewhere to give yourself a better feel.

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Leaning off what BigB suggested, find a clear photo of a tree, perhaps a real life photo, then edit the photo and cut around the tree / branches you want.. then add the one's you need .. or the extra leaves. You can do this by copying other leaves and then blending them in..

Also if it's for a company, can i suggest something perhaps neater, less child like? I know at work, if im looking for a new supplier i will always check out their presentation, even to the finest detail.

I would also use some sort of 3D font, or a bold font with a outline, then fill the font with a woodland picture, so it blends in reall nicely with the tree's, perhaps smudging the woodland picture that is situated behind the text.. with a dark thin outline around the text..

Then if you are printing you can print it on some gloss paper.. give it that matt finish that it will o so deserve ;)

Just a thought :)

I'll have ago at this when i get home and give you an example, havn't delved into my art skills for quite some time. :good:

5. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

wow thanks for all your replies!

Its for a primary school so i was trying to make the font out like the children are writing the motto. It was just an idea but if you would like to take a shot feel free to change anything.

I just want to let all you guys know i really appriciate all the time and effort you're putting in, to either coming up with ideas and posting a reply or even doing the whole thing! so thank you all very much.

Kasper

ps. I was thinking about bringing it in on Monday

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

So in other words hrry ur asses up;) sorry had to post tht

7. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

hehe

8. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

*cracks his whip*

:chk:

9. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

lol this isn't getting you anywhere is it?

Give Egaladeist (sorry if it's spelt wrong) a private message or something.

I'm sure he'll be able to help

10. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

no problem,,,all I need to know is: when you need it and, if it's a logo or like a family tree( because logos are best kept simple for easy application to letterheads,etc...e.g. Nike, or the Cotton tree, mostly silouettes...whereas family trees tend to have a little more detail and most family trees prefer large open leaves for text to be inserted directly into the leaf). I take it you don't want a more complex drawing as it's for a primary school and that age group doesn't respond to complex drawings that's why children prefer care bears to beasties... at that age they cannot relate to adult sensibilities.

Monday? School's already let out here for the holidays!

11. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Well i dunno bout the dude that posted but we break up on Tuesday 22nd and go back :( 4th January

12. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

w00t waffles.

cos of my exams, I've had the best part of two weeks already off, and there are exams for my friends on monday, and school for the rest of the kids til tuesday, but I get all that time off...haha

13. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

:eek: Lucky :swear: !

14. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

ya need it by monday, . just need the branches and leaves to be big enough to fit that writing in.

thanks alot !

15. Egaladeist

Also...if you're creating a flag what are your school colors? We don't have a4 sizes in Canada, is that 8.5 x 11 inches? Also, if you want the tree to be short n' wide it's going to look like a squshed tree.

16. Egaladeist

I've sent 2 drafts to Sniper because i don't know how to reduce the KB's enough to meet the limitations without making them so small you can't see them.If you can give me an answer by tonight I'll adjust accordingly, otherwise i won't have time to meet your Monday deadline. Both pictures are designed with primary school children in mind and have been tested and approved of by my two primary school daughters.

17. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

here you go...I like the first one! good work dude!

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      45.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  18. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

see, I said Egaladesit could do it :good:

Nice work, dude.

19. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Nice egaladeist! Looks great

20. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

WOW ... just WOW ...

that is amasing!!!

Santa better bring you some kickass presents this year, you definitely deserve them :chk:

totally blown away, thank you sooooooo much Egaladeist.