Help With my Laptop!!! Please!

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by Addy8, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Addy8

Addy8 Geek Trainee

Ok...

I have a patriot 3070 laptop and recently it wont turn on.

I press the power button and it loads up as normal untill it comes to a page.

It gives me the options such as start in safe mode.. Start windows normally...
    etc.

I have tried each of these repeatidly and all it does is take me to the "Windows" Loading screen before Showing a blue screen for a split second thean cutting out.

As I Am young I am not very experienced with computers and have no idea what is wrong with it.

plz help me!

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

can you tell us anything about what the BSoD says ?
    can you boot into safe mode ?

3. Addy8

Addy8 Geek Trainee

Ummm, When I attempt to boot it in safe mode, same thing happens. It just flashes blue and turns off.

I also have to restoring Cd's or any of that.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well just boot from XP CD and when prompted try repair, failing that reinstall XP over your existing instalation (remembering NOT to format, if you have data on the drive you wish to keep)

5. Addy8

Addy8 Geek Trainee

Well thats the thing....

I don't have a Reboot Cd for it, Or a windows Xp disk, Should I have these As I bought it from a top Pc retailer, PC World.

Would any windows Xp Disk Work for this?

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's very common practice to have a restore CD if you really hose your XP install, and some boutique builders include a copy of Windows.

As long as you have your Windows CD key (it's typically on a sticker on your laptop somewhere, likely the bottom), you can use someone elses copy of XP to install on your system. Just make sure you use your CD key, not theirs (or it can cause problems).

7. Addy8

Addy8 Geek Trainee

Ok...

If I bought a New copy of windows and put it in my machine would I need a key number. Coiuld I use my laptops current key code?