How Can I change my Monitor resolution?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Molham, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Molham

Molham Geek Trainee

Hello Guys

well i got new computer parts
    a proccessor and a moother board , ram and a video card

so i tested the pc in the computer store that made it for me

it was great

when i got home

i pluged in the pc

and then the monitor appiered to work then sayd (please check connection) or something like that

it means the monitor to pc connections

so i called the guy that belt my pc

he said the monitor resolotion is not right for the new video card

u should make it 800x600

so how could i do it?

while i cant work on the pc

THX guys

2. Cyote

Cyote Geek Trainee

Sounds like a lose card if you want you could open the case and push the cards in (usally near the bottom of mother board) shouldnt hurt it.or the cord is lose check that also. and if you want to change you resolution Right click on desktop>properties>settings>Then drag the tab under screen revolution to where you want. then apply and yes to keep settings

3. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

-Try to boot using safe mode then go to your screen settings and change the resolution. When you reboot you should be at the correct resolution.

-Now, 800x600 seems to be very, very low... A 15" LCD monitor would most commonly handle 1024x768 while a 17" would do 1280x1024 assuming it's a 4:3 ratio screen or whatever is closest to 4:3 I can't remember exactly what they use in standard sized monitors. If you have a CRT monitor it would go even higher.

-I don't know of a modern age graphics card that can't do at least 1280x1024.

-Ask the guy who build your computer if he installed a video driver for you Graphics Card.