How quiet are you?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by extreme4377, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

It's either an old or cheap Optical Drive that causes grinding - or poorly made fans.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Or the grindind noise could be the HD. I know me Seagate is pretty quiet, but with major disk operations you can hear it working.

3. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Grinding is the only word i can think of to describe it. When my pc loads u can't hear anything but some are like making loadsa weird noises.

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

This isn't "grinding", or "rubbing" its vibration, ie not secured properly, or you can eliminate it by acoustic matting

5. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

eeer about a 3 for me which is pretty good thats if subwoofer isnt on lol than it about 100 :D C ya Dave

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

hahaha lol thats a point

7. nightborn

nightborn Geek Trainee

Mine is at a 1. However since a recent upgrade is running to hot. Not the fan though, still trying to figure out why.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

1! Dang, that's sweet! My new rig is like a 4 or 5, not bad but you can hear it when you're in the same room, I'm going to say that's the clear windows fault. It's inaudible when I've got the earbuds in though.
    I must not have seated my optical drive properly because I get the "grinding, whirring, vibration" deal when I download things mostly. Although it's quiet for FarCry and that's good for me.