Humming / Buzzing / Whirring sound in PC speakers

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by phadke2001, Dec 24, 2002.

1. phadke2001

phadke2001 Geek Trainee

I have a Pavillion 9734 PC. My speakers get a buzzing / whirring sound all the time & that increases when the hard disk or cd rom is running. This reminds me of the feedback sound you get in radios when another electrical equipment is operated near it. (Called interference).

I have tried connecting my PC to a high end audio system but the problem remains - leading me to believe that the problem is inside the PC & not in the speakers.

Can anyone give me some advice to get rid of this problem.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Try bringing up your volume properties and playing with the input and outputs, with their volumes and muting them.

3. phadke2001

phadke2001 Geek Trainee

Humming / Feedback sound in PC Speakers

Sorry - did not get what you are saying. Can you please give me instructions in detail

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I had the same sorta problem and when I muted the line IN(wich is connected to my TV card) the sound was gone

You hafta click the sound icon next to your clock and mute line in and it works maybe and if it doesnt try mutting everyone one by one
    (kinda the same as what Big B said)

Merry XMAS to everyone !!!

5. phadke2001

phadke2001 Geek Trainee

THANKS A TONNE

You are the best. The solution was bang on. I had to mute the CD Audio Balance & the sound was gone. :D :D Thanks a tonne once again. Will look forward to help if I have other problems.

6. varactor

varactor Geek Trainee

Just to point something that some people might find useful, is that this problem is often caused by not having your PC grounded properly or using a lot of unshielded cables.

Solution for this:
    Make sure your powersupply powercord is not faulty and is earthed well.
    Avoid using weird adapters to the wall power socket. These might not have an included earth conenction.