I am f****

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Willz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Addis

Addis The King

Being a HTML linguist doesn't make you a brainy person. Anyone can write HTML with a little time. I would take his £10k a year bragging with a pinch of salt. He should be registered with the House of Companies, and file the necessary accounting info before he starts his own business.

I believe in the UK, its N.I class 2 and possibly 4 for self employed people.

I wouldn't believe him unless his companies actually registered with the House of Companies.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

[ot]Agreed, writing HTML is p*ss-easy, I could write it with my butt cheeks too...
    There were many people at my school who were like "OMG I can make an image display on a page using HTML" and there was me clapping sarcastically... I'm not coding / design pr0 but after about 30 mins of reading you'll know enough HTML to create your first website, not hard what-so-ever.[/ot]

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well on an upbeat side you guys don't have to worry about getting mixed up in stupid crap like ITT Tech

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Following on the geek thing. Geeky is cool. I am proud to be geeky too. Most of my friends are geeks and we have geeky nights round each others houses talking bout everything from video game cabinets, video games, comics and other cool stuff. Some go a bit far and go to transformers conventions.
    Id rather be geeky than a chav or just a normal everyday boring person.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Any degree will look good on paper. The other route would be attempting to get certified (A+, Net+, MCSE, or for the big bucks, Cisco), which is a good option if you already have a job. However, it wouldn't hurt to have a degree, even if it's just a two-year.

And yeah, HTML coding isn't something that makes someone all that special. I learned most of it just by looking at source code from the old Zone365 WYSIWYG editors for my articles. vB code is largely based on HTML anyway, so if you're reasonably familiar with that, HTML isn't a real hard jump. Even without it, HTML is pretty basic. Be impressed if he codes in binary, not HTML.

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

At the moment were learning vB and i am really anjoying it :D, and the class is greate too, i dont think we learn anything else other than HTML though.

7. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

lol. That would be crazy. Can people still do that?? I thought that binary is now forever buried within modern coding languages and that no one needs to go back to the roots anymore since there are always coding programs available. Right?

8. Addis

Addis The King

Well, its possible, thats for sure. People can still program in assembly, which with the efficiency of modern C compilers has no real use sometimes has a 1 to 1 command ratio with binary (if you know what I mean).