I lost my bookmarks in firefox

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Sniper, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

ah, just after a crash I loaded up Firefox, and found that I had no bookmarks! :eek: but just after a bit of searching on google, I found out that firefox creates daily backups of the bookmarks :)

backup are stored here, though I'm sure there are other ways to create backups much easier, to your desired location!

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.y5p\Backups

I remember when I lost my bookmarks with IE, had to rebuild slowly!

another reason to to use Firefox

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

What a wise, wise man. Firefox is an awesome browser. :D By the way, if you use a POP mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you should seriously consider Firefox's companion software, Thunderbird. Note the tag line, "Reclaim your inbox". :) It's true, Firefox has some really smart SPAM Filtering abilites! I have 8 seperate pop accounts for various purposes, and Thunderbird handles them all without letting any unwanted mail through... sweet. :good:

3. Sniper

I tried Thunderbird, but I couldnt get it to import my outlook emails, so left it! I tried this around a month ago I think.

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hmm, does this [mozillazine.org] help at all? I don't know what kind of problems you were having... :(

5. Sniper

I will have a look again! thanks

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I've never used a bookmarking feature. Is it that helpful?

7. Sniper

yeh sure it is!!! any sites/web pages you like, you can bookmark them, so you dont have to remember the whole URL!

I guess you will only find it useful if you have loads of sites you keep track of.