Internet Explorer Vs Firefox

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Madee, Jul 17, 2007.

?

Internet Explorer or Firefox?

1. Firefox

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. Internet Explorer

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

no problem, it looks like IE Tab & IE View do the same job[/ot]theres also IE View Lite, so neither of us is wrong

2. Tech

Tech Padawan

IE is positively dangerous, although no non-tech bothers to listen!

FireFox with red shift.v2 all the way :)

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yeah, people just use IE cos its easier, however, FF can be as easy with a little tweaking

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Well IE 7 is difficult to use. It took me about half an hour to change the home page :p

5. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

I don't think you'll get the debate you're looking for because I have a hard time picturing anyone here voting IE. Seriously, expect a landslide (and the votes show that thus far).

6. Tech

Tech Padawan

Maybe the question should have been "Are there any good aspects to IE?" :p

A little off subject, but according to MIke Meyers in his 6th edition A+ all in one guide, IE and Outlook Express come FREE with Windows. I laughed my ass off with that one :)

7. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Well ... there might possibly be? While, like I said, I did vote for FF, this page here has some slightly interesting FF criticism, with linked sources for every statement (although I didn't have the time/motive to actually follow the source links). You guys should glance at it, at the very least it's very relevant to this whole topic, and it looks like someone actually put good effort into it. I mentioned this in some other thread a while ago *shrug. It doesn't seem to have a lot of clout in my (admittedly anything but expert) opinion, but at least a little bit, yes.

Anyway, here: Firefox Myths

8. RHochstenbach

Yes, it does exactly what malware writers want :p

No, they only run on (genuine) Windows Operating Systems. You'll have to buy Windows first, so it isn't free al all.

9. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Firefox, I'm currently installing 32bit plugins into my 64bit build of FF with nspluginwrapper :D

10. donkey42

donkey42 plank

just found this (Speed Dial for FF)

hope it's useful

11. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It's not just that, seeing as IE comes with your Windoze installation many people are too lazy to change, some don't even know how.

12. donkey42

donkey42 plank

:agree:

[ot]personally, i use Linux, so, laziness is the last thing on my mind, although, sometimes i feel like throwing the :swear:ing thing through the tw4ting winndow[/ot]

13. Tech

Tech Padawan

I know exactly how yu feel, but the fact that we continue is what makes us techs. When i first started using Linux people told me that the way to learn was by breaking stuff and learning how to fix it so now i tell myself "every headache is a chance to further my knowledge"......the only problem is that I dont know an awfull lot:D

14. donkey42

donkey42 plank

that's true, however, the more you learn, the more you discover there is to learn, i'm still not happy compiling source code, although ican do it if i have to but i prefer to install from a .deb or a .rpm

BTW: i haven't even remastered a Live CD, but don't let me list things i haven't done , e.g. backporting & stuff like that[ot]learn from your mistakes, how can you ?, when you don't know what you did wrong[/ot]Linux does keep your attention, Linux can be a tw4t, but you have to love it, cos without it we'd all be forced to use Windowz

Edit:
    that's how we all feel at some point, i know i still do

15. John k

John k Geek Trainee

16. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

17. RHochstenbach

It is good that M$ has people who love their products, otherwise the security companies would run out of business :p

18. edijs

edijs Programmer

he prob. hasn't used FF or any other browser sufficiently enough to see why FF's winning this one.

19. RHochstenbach

Yeah, some people think that IE actually is 'The Internet'.

20. Tech

Tech Padawan

I remember reading a few years ago